Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

is it possible to have the images on the frontpage from the JA news module to link to the article?? because i’m using my images bigger, it is very logical interface wise to have the user click on the image for the article?

cheers…

lafrance Friend

<em>@casimir 15092 wrote:</em><blockquote>is it possible to have the images on the frontpage from the JA news module to link to the article?? because i’m using my images bigger, it is very logical interface wise to have the user click on the image for the article?

cheers…</blockquote>

Make a hyperlink of an image for help.
    http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3schools.com%2Fhtml%2Fhtml_images.asp&ei=UAdCRurVHpm4iwGg_fm2Dg&usg=AFrqEzd1mL2iuqEfBDXn-PaRuCYPfRa_0w&sig2=ir8MuELJi13RZstgXV2g7w

Hieu Nguyen Admin

<blockquote>is it possible to have the images on the frontpage from the JA news module to link to the article?? because i’m using my images bigger, it is very logical interface wise to have the user click on the image for the article?

cheers…</blockquote>

Open file: modules/mod_janews.php and find lines:
    [PHP]echo $image. “n”;
    echo “<a href=”$link” class=”ja-newstitle” title=””.($showintro ? $row->title : $row->introtext1).””>{$row->title}</a>n”;[/PHP]
    Replace with:
    [PHP]echo “<a href=”$link” class=”ja-newstitle” title=””.($showintro ? $row->title : $row->introtext1).””>”.$image. “n</a>n”;
    echo “<a href=”$link” class=”ja-newstitle” title=””.($showintro ? $row->title : $row->introtext1).””>{$row->title}</a>n”;[/PHP]

casimir Friend

thanks oceandragon works perfectly…just the thing i needed…. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  casimir 17 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum