Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

How can we link to specific tabs? http://www.example.com/page#tab1 isn’t working. Here is default code which doesn’t work if I try http://www.example.com/page#profile to link to Profile tab.

<div class="row example-row example-navigation"><!-- Tabs -->
    <div class="col-lg-8">
    <h2>Tabs</h2>
    <ul class="nav nav-tabs" style="margin-bottom: 15px;">
    <li class="active"><a href="#home" data-toggle="tab">Home</a></li>
    <li><a href="#profile" data-toggle="tab">Profile</a></li>
    <li class="disabled"><a>Disabled</a></li>
    <li class="dropdown"><a class="dropdown-toggle" href="#" data-toggle="dropdown"> Dropdown </a>
    <ul class="dropdown-menu">
    <li><a href="#dropdown1" data-toggle="tab">Action</a></li>
    <li><a href="#dropdown2" data-toggle="tab">Another action</a></li>
    <li><a href="#dropdown2" data-toggle="tab">Another action</a></li>
    </ul>
    </li>
    </ul>
    <div id="myTabContent" class="tab-content">
    <div id="home" class="tab-pane fade active in">
    <p>In the area of graphical user interfaces (GUI), a <strong>tabbed document interface</strong> (TDI) or a Tab is one that allows multiple documents to be contained within a single window, using tabs as a navigational widget for switching between sets of documents. It is an interface style most commonly associated with web browsers, web applications, text editors, and preference panes.</p>
    <p>GUI tabs are modeled after traditional card tabs inserted in paper files or card indexes (in keeping with the desktop metaphor).</p>
    </div>
    <div id="profile" class="tab-pane fade">
    <p>In the area of graphical user interfaces (GUI), a <strong>tabbed document interface</strong> (TDI) or a Tab is one that allows multiple documents to be contained within a single window, using tabs as a navigational widget for switching between sets of documents. It is an interface style most commonly associated with web browsers, web applications, text editors, and preference panes.</p>
    <p>GUI tabs are modeled after traditional card tabs inserted in paper files or card indexes (in keeping with the desktop metaphor).</p>
    </div>
    <div id="dropdown1" class="tab-pane fade">
    </div>
    <div id="dropdown2" class="tab-pane fade">
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <!-- //Tabs --> <!-- Vertical Menus -->
    <div class="col-lg-4">
    <h2>Vertical Menus</h2>
    <ul class="nav nav-pills nav-stacked">
    <li class="active"><a href="#">Active Menu Item</a></li>
    <li><a href="#">Menu Item</a></li>
    <li><a href="#">Menu Item</a></li>
    <li class="disabled"><a href="#">Disabled Menu Item</a></li>
    <li class="dropdown"><a class="dropdown-toggle" href="#" data-toggle="dropdown"> Dropdown </a>
    <ul class="dropdown-menu">
    <li><a href="#">Action</a></li>
    <li><a href="#">Another action</a></li>
    <li><a href="#">Something else here</a></li>
    <li><a href="#">Separated link</a></li>
    </ul>
    </li>
    </ul>
    </div>
    <!-- Vertical Menus --></div>
    <!-- Tabs & Vertical Menus --></div>
    <!-- //NAVIGATIONS -->
    <p>*</p>

Adam M Moderator

Hi @suzanna,

I visited your site but see the tab and it works fine, could you please confirm your status or clarify a little bit so I can assist you better ?

suzanna Friend

The tabs are working fine; however, I can’t link to a specific tab. Is that not possible?
    For example, if I want to hyperlink from an article directly to tab2 using something like this

<a href="www.example.com/page-name#tab2"> click here </a>

I get tab1, not tab2 content.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @suzanna,

Unfortunately, you cannot do that as the tab need “click event” to be triggered first in order to display active tab. By default, the first tab (or active tab is open)

suzanna Friend

Thanks for the explanation.

Since tabs are data sets used to group and organize information, not being able to hyperlink to specific data in that set or a tab defeats the purpose of organizing information using tabs.

It would be nice if we could also link to a specific tab. I wish I knew how to send a feature request 🙂

Adam M Moderator

Hi @suzanna,

Actually it’s possible to do that but you will need a custom JS in order to achieve your goal. In this case, it better to hire a developer to implement the code for you if you’re not familiar with such task.

suzanna Friend

Yes, but its not possible with the plugin which is my point. There are many, many plugins that will do this out-of-the-box. I made an argument from UX perspective and why this make sense (to me at least). I hope JA will consider adding this functionality to the plugin, and until then I’m using something else. 🙂

Adam M Moderator

Hi @suzanna,

Thanks for your suggestion, I passed your request to development team so they can have a look. Normally, if they decide the function is necessary and there’s enough request for it, they will update it for sure.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @suzanna,

Thanks for your suggestion, I passed your request to development team so they can have a look. Normally, if they decide the function is necessary and there’s enough request for it, they will update it for sure.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 9 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum