Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I set up ja_slideshow on the Sanidine II template and left it on my screen for 5 or 6 hours … then I get a server bandwidth warning and thave chewed up 1.7Gig in bandwidth … there were only 8 visitors to the site since it isn’t even launched yet.

Could the slideshow be loading the image every time it changes?

I have disabled it until I find out … can’t afford that bandwidth.

ANyone help?

vwrmic Friend

I wouldn’t know how to check myself, but I have been using it for near a year now and have never had a problem on a shared hosting server.

Maybe it’s something else?

ddrinkal Friend

I have used versions of that module on other templates too with no hassles and it SHOULD be something else but the hosting stats package reports the culprit as being a jpg file and the only jpgs are in the slideshow and the main background … hmm …

It does sound far fetched but Ithought I would throw it out for others suggestions .. thx so far.

vwrmic Friend

Is there an easy way to check? If so I could check mine if possible and see what it says.

ddrinkal Friend

I replaced the module with a simple image rotator and it seems to be fine … that will work for me but it would be good if Joomlart could confirm that the version of slideshow shipping with Sanidine II isn’t calling the image every time it rotates slide … Maybe thats a browser issue?? I’m using FF3.5

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ddrinkal 14 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum