Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I have successfully performed the Joomla upgrade from 1.6.6 to 1.7 via automatic upgrade.
    I can login to the backend and everything works as expected – but on the front end page I get blank page with Firefox and Safari while with Google Chrome I have HTTP 500 (Internal Server Error).

I have troubleshooted very long time and followed lot of recommendations and solutions I found in the forum for http error 500.

What I did:

1) I reviewed the file and directory permissions and all is fine
    2) I checked .htaccess and modified the file back and forth by commenting parameters:

Options +FollowSymLinks
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /

3) In configuration I disabled and enabled all available parameters: search engine friendly URL, URL rewrite etc.

4) I tried to remove any external connections that can increase both the performance of the website and decrease the chances of receiving a “500 Internal Server Error”

5) Have renamed the php.ini in root directory to see whether this makes a difference

6) Checked the Apache logfiles

But the most nearby I have not checked….and this was the template.

When I switch to default template, then all is fine and frontpage is shown – but with JA Droid for J1.6 it does not work and
    I get the HTTP 500 (Internal Server Error)

Can you please tell me whether JA Droid is Joomla 1.7 compatible or not and when you intend to fix this issue.

The issue is that every says that we should not stay with 1.6 but upgrade to 1.7 asap as short-term releases will be in active development for six months, then reach the end-of-life one month after the next version’s release.

So I would much appreciate if your template would be ready for 1.7 as I am currently stucked!

zizozoro Friend

how you upload the files to your site? [ zipped and uncompressed ] or [ upload it file by file using FTP client ]?

jooservices Friend

<em>@zizozoro 259631 wrote:</em><blockquote>how you upload the files to your site? [ zipped and uncompressed ] or [ upload it file by file using FTP client ]?</blockquote>

Hi there,
    Let’s me check around in local with your case and reply you in few hours.
    Thank you
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi there,
    Sorry for late reply. I’ve just local testing:
    – Install joomla 1.6.6
    – Install JAT3 1.3 beta
    – Install JA Droid Joomla 1.6 1.1.0 June 2011
    – Everything working well. Ya, for sure ( except a misc bug, reported to dev team ).
    – Upgrade Joomla 1.6.6 to 1.7.0 stable via Update back-end
    – Check site and look like our JA Droid working well ( except above misc bug ).

Would you mind PM me or create ticket w/ your site access than i can help you for check. Btw, would you mind try w/ display_error to see what’s wrong here ?
    Thank you
    Viet Vu

mberwing Friend

Hello Viet,

your solution worked perfectly fine….thanks so much for the very fast reply and great work.

I did not follow the exact frequency of actions but what I did is:

I started with existing J1.7

– Installed JAT3 1.3 beta
    – I was on JA Droid Joomla 1.6 1.1.0 (June 2011) already

Bottom line:
    That means JAT3 1.3 beta fixed my issue !

Best regards
    Markus

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mberwing 12 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum