Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Well I came across this post and figured it’s worth sharing. Download J1.6 Alpha from here

p3rf3ctg3ntl3m4n Friend

still nothing special instead user group and access level

if support Multi user/Multi site
    of course will be great 🙂

resteban Friend

do you know the date of delivery?
    i know a web you can find joomla 1.6 in spanish: http://www.joomla16.org

tonyg Friend

<em>@resteban 134748 wrote:</em><blockquote>do you know the date of delivery?
    i know a web you can find joomla 1.6 in spanish: http://www.joomla16.org</blockquote>

I’ve got no idea of the release date, I suspect some time yet, if this alpha version is anything to go by.

scotty Friend

Word on the grape vine is Beta release the end of August, then about 4 or 5 RC versions so I’d say about a year for a stable version.

wiery Friend

<em>@p3rf3ctg3ntl3m4n 134737 wrote:</em><blockquote>still nothing special instead user group and access level
    </blockquote>

I agree. I was playing with it the other night and it is pretty much the same. Kind of a good thing I guess. Definitely not as different as 1.0 to 1.5.

hawver Friend

I’ll wait until it’s stable. You can’t be too careful when they changed something about user rights. My site was hacked before. 🙂

didima Friend

release date would be nice l think

Phill Moderator

It is impossible to give a release date. Nobody is paid to create Joomla so you cannot expect the team to work to fixed dates.

Even Microsoft cannot give firm release dates and they throw millions at their software.

So enjoy 1.5 for the great software it is. When 1.6 comes out it will take a while for all the extra plugins and components you might need to come online so it will probably be a few months after 1.6 is released before you can use it anyway.

scotty Friend

p3rf3ctg3ntl3m4n;134737still nothing special instead user group and access level

if support Multi user/Multi site
    of course will be great 🙂

There are loads of things being added/improved in 1.6, none of which are in the Alpha version. They are going to be introduced one by one to the Betas’. Anyway, it’s not a ‘features’ rich upgrade. It’s more to improve the framework than introduce features.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  scotty 14 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum