Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I would like to know how to make the search results from the wrapper class stay with in the site.

I just set wrap the search code for flight search and I find the search results being diverted to the other website by default. I like to know how to make the search results stay with in the joomla site like the users stay with in the site and do flight bookings.

Just go to clientshub.com and make a search to book flights and you will see it takes it you to other site, I want the results to stay with in the site.

How can I do it?

Thanks.

imsleepy Friend

Unfortunately, you can’t. Like many affiliate search boxes, what you see on your site is generated from their site. You would have to change the coding that is served up to your site to be able to accomplish this. Obviously you can’t, or you won’t get your affiliate payments, you will only give them free business.

Go to http://www.thenewdirect.com/clientshub/RemoteSearch/remoteSearch.html this is the link called up in your iframe that is your search box. Go to view source and you will see the coding. You could go to the trouble to change some of it so that it displays only on your site and then upload it to your site and use that code instead of the code they supply, but there would be no purpose in that. You would not get your affiliate payments.

Just be happy that YOUR page doesn’t change, it does open in a new window so when your viewer is done with their reservation and closes the reservation window, your site is still there.

Rest assured that most internet users are used to things like this opening in a new window and it shouldn’t hurt your site at all.

I do have one thing to say about layout though. You need to find a different place to put it or adjust your module size to accomodate the affiliate search box. Scrolling side to side to use it is not professional looking.

bytestor Friend

Well thank you very much imsleepy.

The search box code is not just a few lines of html code provided by the affiliate. They have given some image files and other files as well. So the only way for me to test it was to upload in one of the servers and give a wrapper link to it and get the search box appear in one of the users in the template.

If it were just a few lines of html code I could have put in a custom html module. Again this is a custom wrapper module. My client wants the results to be wrapped inside the site. And I m just trying to see the possibilities on how to make it out.

Template n position not finalised yet. I m looking on how to make the system work.
    If you have any idea on how to do, plzz let me know.

Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bytestor 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum