Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hey guys,

I have spent 3 days figuring this one out reading through manuals and tutorials, but apparently the solution is simple just cant see it. The question is:

1) I want to structure BLANK T3 template as in QUARTZ, and use K2 component so I have experienced troubles with blocks and modules.
    What I want: same positions as is Quartz, but instead of the “Body” Position I want to have say “userX” and “userXX” so that I can add K2 items there.

I tried to go through template manager->layouts->edit the default-> add the code as in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXUVP-LwCXA) it works on top but not in the middle.

the issue is How do you change/modify work with the “content-main” position of T3 Framework?! I want K2 stuff in that position, not J! Articles, (how do you work with that, I could not find the code generating file for articles to appear in that position)

Any suggestions?? I was thinking of styling the template as say in JA Norite with USER 11 being the position for left menu, user 14 the main content for K2 Content, Cal Mass 1 as the right menu

Cheers,

himangi Friend

<blockquote> What I want: same positions as is Quartz, but instead of the “Body” Position I want to have say “userX” and “userXX” so that I can add K2 items there. </blockquote>
    Do you want to display K2 Items like in category blog layout or do you want to display some module that contains K2 items? Body position in the Quartz template is not a module position, but it is the place where you components load their data. That is whenever you click on any of your menu items, all the expected data gets loaded in the body area.

<blockquote>I tried to go through template manager->layouts->edit the default-> add the code as in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXUVP-LwCXA) it works on top but not in the middle. </blockquote>
    Can you tell me what exactly were you trying to add. If you can provide the particular code and explain what exactly the code suppose to show you, I can tell you if it can be done or not.

<blockquote>the issue is How do you change/modify work with the “content-main” position of T3 Framework?! I want K2 stuff in that position, not J! Articles, (how do you work with that, I could not find the code generating file for articles to appear in that position)</blockquote>
    I suppose this is same area as the body in Quartz template. As I said earlier, the components output is displayed here. So if you are seeing category blog layout containing Joomla articles, then you simply need to access the Menu manager, find the menu displaying joomla articles and change it to display K2 items.

<blockquote>Any suggestions?? I was thinking of styling the template as say in JA Norite with USER 11 being the position for left menu, user 14 the main content for K2 Content, Cal Mass 1 as the right menu</blockquote>
    I would suggest you to draw a layout on paper, just to have a clear idea about what exactly you want and then check and follow examples given at http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_Framework_2/Guides so that you can build the exact layout expected.

Hope this helps. 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  himangi 12 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum