Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi, how can I use the ja split submenu? I cant seems to get it shown on my site, dont know how to do it?

AndreasStenhall Friend

This is a question I have asked as well But first, let me start by saying what a wonderful template they have made! Absolutely brilliant 🙂

I was told to create submenues to the “main menu” but I have no clue on how to do this. Many things in Joomla is not obvious …. can someone please be a little bit more specific on where to go in Joomla?

Have a quick look at
    http://www.alltomvista.se/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1 then go to Nedladdningar > Drivrutiner. When you get to the page “Drivrutiner” you fall out of the highlighted menu in the top and the submenu disappear. While looking at your demo site I see that you’ve got this working the way I want it to. Any ideas?

This is the reply I got, not helping me that much 🙁

The menu you are using is not the “Sub Menu”, that is the “other menu”
    module in Joomla!. For the Sub Navigation to work, you should create some “child menu” in your Joomla! Admin first. Here is the example menu
    structure:

Home
    |- Child menu 1
    |- Child menu 2
    |- Child menu 3

Hieu Nguyen Admin

I’m sorry for the short answer like that as it may not clear enough for you to understand what to do. God knows, although Joomla! is easy to use, you surely have to spend some time to discover all of its functions.

JA Split Submenu is the extra navigation system solution for Joomla! (eg. JA Transmenu…) It’s not a component, module or mambot but an external program which you can plug in your template anytime and anywhere you want. As you may see that, all the functions of JA Split Submenu are holded in the file called “ja_submenu.php

The “submenu” you are using is the “Other Menu” module in Joomla!, it’s NOT the real “submenu” in one Navigation System.

Here is how to make a new “submenu” in Joomla!:

1. Login to your Joomla! Admin.
    2. Go to “Menu — mainmenu“.
    3. Click on the New button. You can find this button at the top right of the page.
    4. Choose the “New Menu Item” you like.
    5. Find the “Parent Item” field on the page. It should be located at the left of the page. Click to choose the “Parent” for your submenu. For example, if you want “Drivrutiner” is the submenu of “Nedladdningar”, click on “Nedladdningar”. Well, guess what’s happen when you choose the “Parent Item” is Top. 😉
    6. Click “Save” to finish.

Here is how to make a existing “parent menu” become a “submenu” in Joomla!:

1. Repeat step 1 & 2
    2. Click on the “parent menu” you’d like to transform it to a “submenu”.
    3. Again, find the “Parent Item” field on the page. Click to choose the “Parent” for your submenu.
    4. Don’t forget to click “Save” 😀

If you are successful, your “mainmenu” structure should look similar to “example_menu_structure.png” image.

Hope this answer is clear and helpful for you!

1. example_menu_structure
    bpmkostjens Friend

Thanks for the answer, that did help and it works great now 🙂

Another question: How do I get my com_frontpage menu item (itemid 1) automaticcaly highlighted when users go to my index http://t7r.bnext.nl, so the menu item is highlighted like when they click on the ‘home’ link:

http://t7r.bnext.nl/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

AndreasStenhall Friend

Amazing! I got it all figured out now.. will play around with it tonight 🙂 Thanks for the splendid help!

Andreas

AndreasStenhall Friend

Follow-up question:

I have an article page, see “Artiklar & Guider” on my site http://www.alltomvista.se/index.php. On that page I have some links, which I want to be linked directly to each page and I do not want to display the menu as it is now. Still I want for example the page “Programkompatibilitet” to be marked in the top menu as the section “Artiklar & Guider” but I do not want anything more.

I have added the page “Programkompatibilitet” as a submenu to “Artiklar & Guider” now but if I unpublish it and go the page “Programkompatibilitet” then no rightmenu is displayed but no section is marked in the top menu.

Is it even possible doing what I wish? I.e. linking a page to a section without having it in the right menu?

Hieu Nguyen Admin

Dear Andreas,

Sorry that I cannot help you in this case, beacuse your Navigation Structure is simply not really LOGIC. If your content is in the Child section, then the submenu will be shown :(( .

However, there is one solution. You can create a new single menu item that points to that content. Please note that, you must disable all modules rights of that menu item.

Try this tip folk and tell me if it works 😉 .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hieu Nguyen 17 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum