Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I have installed the Ja Cooper for Joomla 1.5 quickstart, but I notice it is missing some of the features of the demo, such as the readnext buttons in the slideshow. So I want to upgrade the template to the Business Edition.

But I notice that the quickstart file which I downloaded is dated 11-15-2010, but the Business Template J15 is dated 02-21-2009 (nearly 2 years earlier). Even though they are both the same version number, will there be any problems installing the Business Template?

TomC Moderator

If this is a brand new install, then what you should probably do is wipe the slate clean and start fresh – with a new/clean database. Then, simply upload and install the JA Cooper Business quickstart as you would normally.

missyw Friend

<em>@TomC 304940 wrote:</em><blockquote>If this is a brand new install, then what you should probably do is wipe the slate clean and start fresh – with a new/clean database. Then, simply upload and install the JA Cooper Business quickstart as you would normally.</blockquote>Thanks, Tom, but no, it is not a brand new install. I have customised the installation and created content. This is why I want to just replace the template. I am wondering whether this is a good opportunity to try out the Joomlart Extension Manager. Will Extension Manager allow me to see the default template and the Business Edition as 2 separate templates? Even though they are both version 1.0?

TomC Moderator

Missy:

Yes, you are on the right track . . . and if you are uncertain as to how to use the Extension Manager,
    here is a helpful VIDEO TUTORIAL that, hopefully, will assist you.

missyw Friend

Thanks, Tom, for your response. But I’m still having problems. :((

Just to remind you, I’ve got an installation with a customized Ja-Cooper 1.0 template, and I want to upgrade the template to the Business edition template.

After watching the recommended videos, I have installed the Joomlart 1.5 Extensions Manager on my localhost/xampp installation. But I couldn’t get it to see the second template “Ja-Cooper Business”. Perhaps because both templates have the same version number??

I tried uploading the Business Edition into the Repository of the Extensions Manager

But now, even though the Business Edition is in the Repository, it does not show on the Extensions Manger page in the list of extensions. For example, here is the list of templates, and only the existing Ja-Cooper template is listed:

So then I tried installing the Business Edition template through the regular Joomla extensions manager, but still the Joomlart Extensions Manager does not see it.

Perhaps the problem is that the templates have different names, so the Joomlart extension manager is not seeing them as versions of the same template. Also, since I am having to work with 1.5 version tools, and I don’t know if there are bugs in the software, perhaps this is not work perservering with. I only did a few customisations and it will be easy enough to reenter them manually.

Would appreciate your comments, thanks! (But let’s not waste too much time on this :laugh:)

1. joomlart1
    2. joomlart2
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  missyw 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum