Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have not made any modifications, i simply want to upgrade my (native) beta template to stable.
    Would uninstall then install work?

Thank you.

TomC Moderator

So, if I am understanding you correctly, you started working with the JA Argo template when it was in beta stage …
    and now you’re wanting to start using the stable version for your actual site?

If this is correct, then my suggestion would be to first make a complete backup of your entire current site development – including your database(s) – and then install JA Argo fresh onto your web server. Then, you should be able to install (or overwrite) the install database files/tables with your backed up version.

AKEEBA BACKUP is a great tool/solution for this kind of thing …. though as you’re wanting to, essentially, upgrade your current JA Argo site (from beta to stable), I’m thinking the process I described above might work best.

Of course, if there are any other viable and/or more practical solutions for this process, I hope others will chime in as well.

steinar Friend

<em>@TomC 366197 wrote:</em><blockquote>I hope others will chime in as well.</blockquote>

Well, I just went to Components >> JA Extensions Manager, clicked on Check update and then Upgrade. The response was reassuring:
    You have successfully upgraded from version 1.0.0b to version 1.0.0 at 23 Mar 2013, 01:13:21

So far I havenโ€˜t noticed any negative impact from this hassle free way of doing it.
    ๐Ÿ™‚

MoonSailor Friend

Hi korviz,

You can upgrade template from beta to stable as JA Extension manager. If you used quickstarts package, you can follow as @steinar reply ๐Ÿ˜‰ (thanks @steinar for helped). If your site does not install it, you can download it here :
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=3334
    and install it in your site.

You can check the documentation here : http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_Extensions_Manager/How-to

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  MoonSailor 11 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum