Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

How do I turn off the mainbody component area on the Home page like in the demo? I’m using Joomla 1.7.4.

Thanks,
    railer

pavit Moderator

Hi

The demo ( and quickstart also ) use a profile override for the Home page

You can create a new profile called for example homepage where you must set Hide Main content block to YES

After you need to assign this profile to the Home page only through Page assignment panel on the left down

railer Friend

Hi Pavit,

Excellent! That was really easy. I’m not sure if that was in the User Guide somewhere, but if not, it ought to be.

Thanks,
    railer

myuption Friend

Where do you create that? :((

This will get rid of the featured content that appears below the JA News Pro! Module?

railer Friend

<em>@myuption 302230 wrote:</em><blockquote>Where do you create that? :((

This will get rid of the featured content that appears below the JA News Pro! Module?</blockquote>

You need to go to the template in your template manager and click on the Profiles tab. You see in the Global Setting section the Hide Main Content Block item. If you make a new profile and assign it to the Home page as Pavit said above, then you can hide the main content block.

Good luck,
    railer

myuption Friend

Oh, thanks, now I got it working 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  myuption 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum