Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,

In the demo the Joomla articles with ‘popup set to no’ have Facebook commenting. I want to turn off Facebook commenting and replace it with another commenting component (Komento from Stackideas). This way I can use the same commenting component for Joomla articles, K2 items, blogs, and forums. I want to leave the setting as ‘popup set to no’.

So how do I get rid of Facebook commenting?

Rene

renejdm Friend

Hi,

Please ignore this post. By adding the other commenting solution the Facebook comments no longer appear. For a little while both commenting solutions appeared (which is the reason for this post) but after clicking around and then going back the Facebook comments are no longer appearing. So this was probably a cache issue.

Rene

renejdm Friend

Hi,

I spoke too soon. The problem remains. So how can I turn off Facebook Commenting?

Rene

Stork11 Friend

<em>@renejdm 318654 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

I spoke too soon. The problem remains. So how can I turn off Facebook Commenting?

Rene</blockquote>
    Hello renejdm,

You can delete Facebook comment code in “templatesja_wallhtmlcom_contentarticledefault.php”.

Best regards.

renejdm Friend

Thanks Nhat.

Rene

pkaman Friend

But: who can tell me how to do this? Is this *<div class=”fb-comments” data-href=”<?php echo $this->item->readmore_link; ?>” data-num-posts=”2″ data-width=”576″></div* the only to remove??
    Thanks a lot, Pieter

renejdm Friend

Hi pkaman,

Yes. If I remember correctly it was the last line in the script.

Rene

pkaman Friend

My dear renejdm, you remember correct. It works. Thanks a lot. Pieter

renejdm Friend

Your welcome Pieter.

Rene

kjlarski JATC

Does anyone know how to keep Facebook commenting on, but delete an actual comment?

Thanks,
    Kevin

kjlarski JATC

Just posted a solution that seems to work well at http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-remove-facebook-comment-posting/

Best,
    Kevin

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  kjlarski 11 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum