Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Can you tell me how and where to translate in French articles social sharing (Facebook button and comment “x persons like this…”) and also Google+ in the bottom of articles pages ?

http://www.patrick-lefebvre.be/blog/mes-news/89-s%C3%A9ance-de-portrait.html

Thanks by advance.

1. Like-Aime
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi

You can’t translate them because FB does that for you. FB detects the language you use in your FB page to translate accordingly.

pleanalyst Friend

I’m sorry but I think you are wrong :confused:

1.- Rightly, my Facebook page is in French !

2.- You can see on the top of this page that “Like” is justly translated to the French “J’Aime” (it’s in an iframe I put there), BUT in the bottom of the page, below the article, the “Like” and the text after are NOT translated !

WHY ?

Saguaros Moderator

Please try with my workaround as below:

– Open file: templatesja_lenshtmlcom_k2ja_lensitem.php
    – Look for block of code which declare the Facebook button, at approx line: 232
    [PHP]
    <!– Facebook Button –>
    <div class=”itemFacebookButton”>
    <div id=”fb-root”></div>
    <script type=”text/javascript”>
    (function(d, s, id) {
    var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
    if (d.getElementById(id)) {return;}
    js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
    js.src = “//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#appId=177111755694317&xfbml=1″;
    fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
    }(document, ‘script’, ‘facebook-jssdk’));
    </script>
    <div class=”fb-like” data-send=”false” data-width=”270″ data-show-faces=”true”></div>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    [/PHP]

Replace this line:
    js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#appId=177111755694317&xfbml=1";

With:
    js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/fr_FR/all.js#appId=177111755694317&xfbml=1";

– And refresh your site again.

pleanalyst Friend

I did, but it was not the solution for my problem :((
    In fact, it seemed that it was simply not sufficient…

It is necessary to do the same modification in templatesja_lenshtmlcom_k2ja_lens_blogitem.php
    And it’s now perfect ! 😎

Thank you for your help 🙂

Note: it will be better to manage that function with the languages tools

Saguaros Moderator

I think that’s a good idea, please try to put this request to K2 forum (as we inherit this default feature from K2) and see what they think.

If you have any other questions, just let me know and I’ll be happy to help. And have a fantastic day!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 9 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum