Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I’m able to apply custom styling (different Profiles/Layouts/Themes) to various pages by targeting the menu items which are linked to the pages I want to style.

I don’t know how to target a page which doesn’t have a menu link attached to it. For example, I wish to apply a particular combination of Profile/Layout/Theme to the page generated for the ‘Forgot Username or Password’ link in Community Builder 1.7 (this page has URL: http://localhost/mysite/index.php/component/comprofiler/lostpassword). Similarly for the Registration Page generated during creation of a user account in CB1.7.

Any hints?

Trimud Friend

Hi,

1. Disable URL rewriting
    2. Create new menu – called Invisible for example, which won’t be visible in the site modules
    3. Visit the pages You want to have menu items and copy their URLs
    4. Create new menu items, pointing to External URL, in Invisible menu

Than You should be able to select these menus in JA T3 🙂

Regards

qubie Friend

Thanks Trimud, I will try that. I’ve used this trick in the past to link to internal pages which didn’t have visible navigation.

Where do I disable URL rewriting?

Trimud Friend

Hi,

in Joomla global config

Regards

qubie Friend

Thx for replying. My ‘Use URL Rewriting’ parameter was already set to ‘No’.

However, for some reason, this is not working. I can see the menu (which I called Hidden) and I can select it in Page Assignment and select a desired Profile but it doesn’t target the page in question. I’ll have to re-check my links to see if there is a screwup there.

As an aside, do you know why a Menu Assignments Panel comes up on the left side for only a second or so when I enter ja_T3_blank with Template Manager and then disappears. Is this normal behaviour?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  qubie 12 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum