Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi All,

I have a question, how do I go about splitting my full “list all categories” showing on my home page into multiple columns.

I have tried within the menu item to split the Blog layout but as i guessed this is not related to the blog layout settings.

Could anyone advise?

1. Screen-Shot-2014-08-21-at-15.25.18
    Nazario A Friend

Hi,

What you’re trying to achieve will require heavy customization on the com_content

First, you will need to copy file “default.php” from folder: “/plugins/system/t3/base-bs3/html/com_content/categories” to folder: “/templates/purity_iii/html/com_content/categories” (you need to create this folder)

Then customize the code in this file “/templates/purity_iii/html/com_content/categories/default.php”

gbpan Friend

<em>@Nazario A 442476 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

What you’re trying to achieve will require heavy customization on the com_content

First, you will need to copy file “default.php” from folder: “/plugins/system/t3/base-bs3/html/com_content/categories” to folder: “/templates/purity_iii/html/com_content/categories” (you need to create this folder)

Then customize the code in this file “/templates/purity_iii/html/com_content/categories/default.php”</blockquote>

I can not see the list of subcategories in two columns, can you please post an example of what is the code to add?
    This is the code that I find in my default.php file:

<?php
    /**
    * @package Joomla.Site
    * @subpackage com_content
    * @copyright Copyright (C) 2005 – 2014 Open Source Matters, Inc. All rights reserved.
    * @license GNU General Public License version 2 or later; see LICENSE.txt
    */

defined(‘_JEXEC’) or die;

JHtml::addIncludePath(JPATH_COMPONENT . ‘/helpers’);
    JHtml::_(‘behavior.caption’);
    ?>
    <div class=”categories-list<?php echo $this->pageclass_sfx; ?>”>
    <?php
    echo JLayoutHelper::render(‘joomla.content.categories_default’, $this);
    echo $this->loadTemplate(‘items’);
    ?>
    </div>

thanks

Ninja Lead Moderator

@gbpan: You can get customized file from attachment below and copy it into templates/purity_iii/html/com_content/categories folder (you can create new categories folder if it doesn’t exist)

1. default_items.zip
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 9 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum