Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’ve seen a lot of questions regarding the speed of (some) templates but there was never a good answer. I use this template and it is very slow. Turned on caching, optimize CSS (join & minify & compress), no developement mode. YSlow gives a grade of F This is really annoying and I hope that someone can answer my question.

site: http://tiny.cc/u3of1

Thanks in advance
    Danny

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@parkstad 228176 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

I’ve seen a lot of questions regarding the speed of (some) templates but there was never a good answer. I use this template and it is very slow. Turned on caching, optimize CSS (join & minify & compress), no developement mode. YSlow gives a grade of F This is really annoying and I hope that someone can answer my question.

site: http://tiny.cc/u3of1

Thanks in advance
    Danny</blockquote>

the loading speed depends on many factors. At the moment I can browse your site quite fast. If you temporarily change the template to “bee”, the speed is almost the same.
    http://www.centrumheerlen.nl/pec/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=3&Itemid=9&template=bee
    As a result, I dont think there is an issue with the template here.

parkstad Friend

Hi hungnd,

Thanks for trying to answer my question. I’m sorry to say that the site isn’t quite fast en much slower than all my other websites. The backend is much faster than the front. When I search the forum I see that a lot of people are struggeling with slow websites and the only answer, from you guys, is that you tell them that the speed is normal.

You simply can’t ignore this problem when there are so many questions about this? Or am I wrong. There must be something in the t3-engine that is slowing down these websites, I guess.

Like I said before :YSlow gives a grade of F.
    doesn’t that give you a hint?

I hope you can understand the frustration and I bought the developer licence from you but with this speed problem I can’t use any of your templates in the future.

I can’t wait to hear the response.

Thanks in advance.
    Danny

PS would you please be so kind to remove the link to my website in your comment

Phill Moderator

When I look at your site I get a grade of D with Yslow. When I switch to the bee template that goes to a C but that is only to be expected as many of the modules are not runnung under that template. Please see the screenshot below.

1. Alle-evenementen-van-2011-op-een-rij-PEC-Heerlen_1301353026834
    vioadmin Friend

<em>@parkstad 230743 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi hungnd,

Thanks for trying to answer my question. I’m sorry to say that the site isn’t quite fast en much slower than all my other websites. The backend is much faster than the front. When I search the forum I see that a lot of people are struggeling with slow websites and the only answer, from you guys, is that you tell them that the speed is normal.

You simply can’t ignore this problem when there are so many questions about this? Or am I wrong. There must be something in the t3-engine that is slowing down these websites, I guess.

Like I said before :YSlow gives a grade of F.
    doesn’t that give you a hint?

I hope you can understand the frustration and I bought the developer licence from you but with this speed problem I can’t use any of your templates in the future.

I can’t wait to hear the response.

Thanks in advance.
    Danny

PS would you please be so kind to remove the link to my website in your comment</blockquote>

I agree, there is something wrong with T3 engine or it’s cache system…I don’t know SOMETHING with a lot of these templates slows it down.

I am testing other templates and 9/10 they perform way better than JArts. It’s either that or I am thinking it might have to do with the sh404sef…or both.

…Point is something is going on, Community Plus is a slow web site, it acts the same way it does on his site, a few second buffer before loading a page, if I test another template same set-up, same server, no T3 engine, the page loads 5x faster.

infomathmods Friend

I have the same problem. Quite fast with japurity and extremely slow with Community Plus, even if cache is enabled and no development mode.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  infomathmods 13 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum