Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Ive tried everything from switching the article order, changing the publish/create dates and the orders will not change. Basically I want it to show the most recent article first (on the left side) but cant seem to figure out how to sort it period.

Anybody know?

Anonymous Moderator

Hi

Open modulesmod_ja_contentslidehelper.php, at about line 77, find following code:

<blockquote>
    $query = ‘SELECT a.*,cc.description as catdesc, cc.title as cattitle,s.description as secdesc, s.title as sectitle,’ .
    ‘ CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(a.alias) THEN CONCAT_WS(“:”, a.id, a.alias) ELSE a.id END as slug,’.
    ‘ CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(cc.alias) THEN CONCAT_WS(“:”,cc.id,cc.alias) ELSE cc.id END as catslug,’.
    ‘ CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(s.alias) THEN CONCAT_WS(“:”, s.id, s.alias) ELSE s.id END as secslug’
    . “n FROM #__content AS a”.
    ‘ INNER JOIN #__categories AS cc ON cc.id = a.catid’ .
    ‘ INNER JOIN #__sections AS s ON s.id = a.sectionid’
    . “n WHERE a.state = 1”
    . “n AND ( a.publish_up = ” . $db->Quote( $db->getNullDate() ) . ” OR a.publish_up <= ” . $db->Quote( date(‘Y-m-d H:i’) ) . ” )”
    . “n AND ( a.publish_down = ” . $db->Quote( $db->getNullDate() ) . ” OR a.publish_down >= ” . $db->Quote( date(‘Y-m-d H:i’) ) . ” )”
    . ( ( !$mainframe->getCfg( ‘shownoauth’ ) ) ? “n AND a.access <= ” . (int) $aid : ” )
    ;
    if( $catid ) {
    $query .= ‘ AND a.catid IN (‘.$catid.’) ‘;
    }
    </blockquote>

and change to:

$query = 'SELECT a.*,cc.description as catdesc, cc.title as cattitle,s.description as secdesc, s.title as sectitle,' .
    ' CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(a.alias) THEN CONCAT_WS(":", a.id, a.alias) ELSE a.id END as slug,'.
    ' CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(cc.alias) THEN CONCAT_WS(":",cc.id,cc.alias) ELSE cc.id END as catslug,'.
    ' CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(s.alias) THEN CONCAT_WS(":", s.id, s.alias) ELSE s.id END as secslug'
    . "n FROM #__content AS a".
    ' INNER JOIN #__categories AS cc ON cc.id = a.catid' .
    ' INNER JOIN #__sections AS s ON s.id = a.sectionid'
    . "n WHERE a.state = 1"
    . "n AND ( a.publish_up = " . $db->Quote( $db->getNullDate() ) . " OR a.publish_up <= " . $db->Quote( date('Y-m-d H:i') ) . " )"
    . "n AND ( a.publish_down = " . $db->Quote( $db->getNullDate() ) . " OR a.publish_down >= " . $db->Quote( date('Y-m-d H:i') ) . " )"
    . ( ( !$mainframe->getCfg( 'shownoauth' ) ) ? "n AND a.access <= " . (int) $aid : '' )
    ;
    if( $catid ) {
    $query .= ' AND a.catid IN ('.$catid.') ';
    }

$query .= ' order by a.id desc';

Hope it helps.

nowwecanmakewar Friend

You are the ****ing man!

TomC Moderator

nowwecanmakewar;138907You are the ****ing man!

He’s the CAKEing man ??

He’s the BAKEing man ??

He’s the PEEPing man ??

He’s the BARKing man ??

He’s the PARKing man ??

:p

(yah, I’m bored . . . so what)

jojoradio Friend

Thank you for this and I’ve made my change. However, I really want to force the order in the slider to whatever order I deem in the article category, or make them random. This code only forces the ordering by ID number in the category.

Any help is appreciated.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi jojoradio

To displays according to your order, please change:

$query .= ‘ order by a.id desc’;

to

$query .= ‘ order by a.ordering’;

+ for random:

$query .= ‘ order by rand()’;

hengstler Friend

Sorry folks

I’m not very familiar to PHP. I’d like to extend Ja content slider to sort also by random.

Thanks for help

vreelandwood Friend

I have JA Contentslider 1.1.9 installed on JA Methys template and the module will not properly sort my articles by Date, Descending. No matter how I change the sort parameters, the articles continue to display in the “wrong” order. Can you point me toward the correct php fix for this, or an updated version? I could not locate the above code in my version.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  vreelandwood 12 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum