Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

If i clicked on main category menu , i wanted to display 2 different categories.

for example we have mobile (main category) and each brand as subcategory.

when i click mobile menu it should display all brands, while clicking on each brand menu it should display only that particular menu.

at the moment i can put only one category id into the Category ID box. is there any way to put more than one category id into this box please?

John Wesley Brett Moderator

You can with K2…but not with just plain old Joomla.

To do it in Joomla you would need to set up a SECTION of several categories…and then make the MOBILE menu item a SECTION BLOG…and select the section which contains all the CATEGORIES.

This is one of the primary reasons people love K2…and the future versions of Joomla 1.7 and 2.5. It corrects these shortcomings of 1.5.

Have fun!
    John.

moyousuf Friend

<em>@jwbrett 296076 wrote:</em><blockquote>You can with K2…but not with just plain old Joomla.

To do it in Joomla you would need to set up a SECTION of several categories…and then make the MOBILE menu item a SECTION BLOG…and select the section which contains all the CATEGORIES.

This is one of the primary reasons people love K2…and the future versions of Joomla 1.7 and 2.5. It corrects these shortcomings of 1.5.

Have fun!
    John.</blockquote>

Thanks John

What i meant was how can i display more than one category from Virtuemart products categories and not from “Articles”.

If i had to use K2 then how can i do it please? is there any step by step guidance please?

Thanks in advance

moyousuf Friend

<em>@jwbrett 296076 wrote:</em><blockquote>You can with K2…but not with just plain old Joomla.

Have fun!
    John.</blockquote>

Thanks John

What i meant was how can i display more than one category from Virtuemart products categories and not from “Articles”.

If i had to use K2 then how can i do it please? is there any step by step guidance please?

Thanks in advance

Ah! This is an ongoing issue with Virtuemart and is actively being discussed in their forums. That would be the best place for information.

HERE IS ONE RECENT POST

Good Luck!
    John.

moyousuf Friend

Thanks John for your time and reply.

:((:confused: i tried different ways, mhoom……. i put a search , now hours and hours this problem is in loop, i could not move ahead. Guys If there is any solution to this please?

Thanks a lot in advance

The post I linked was from a guy who had solved the issue in the Virtuemart Forum. Please contact him/them.
    Virtuemart is NOT a Joomlart Project.

Have a GREAT week.
    John.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  John Wesley Brett 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum