Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

For the life of me I can’t figure out how to get the menus on the very top of ja_teline III v2 in the demo it shows Features, Members, Twitter…

I have tried to create a new menu, put the registration form as a link on the menu and then assigned the menu to “top” but that doesn’t show anything. The only place I can get this to show up is if I put it in content-bottom.

I would like to create the member sign-up as it was created in the demo.

Many thanks,
    Andy

theandygram Friend

Also, when I append ?tp=1 to my site, I don’t see any positions like you are supposed to see. Any suggestions?

theandygram Friend

I would be really grateful if someone on the staff could help out with this problem. In reading the documentation it says I have to load the megamenu separately in the form of the “JA Menu Parameters Plugin” This does not seem to have been downloaded as a part of teline iii v2 and I can’t seem to find it on your website. Please advise.

HeR0 Friend

Hi Theandygram
    Please go to back end => template manager => click to “options” button then enable show template position

Regards,
    <em>@theandygram 326263 wrote:</em><blockquote>Also, when I append ?tp=1 to my site, I don’t see any positions like you are supposed to see. Any suggestions?</blockquote>

HeR0 Friend

Hi Theandygram
    Please go to user guide:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULzIyPIBoPA&list=UUpnsoR6n_Mr_PlNBtwcWG0w&index=3&feature=plcp
    http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_Framework_2/FAQs#Customizing_the_menu_systems
    Hope that can help you !

Regards,
    <em>@theandygram 326444 wrote:</em><blockquote>I would be really grateful if someone on the staff could help out with this problem. In reading the documentation it says I have to load the megamenu separately in the form of the “JA Menu Parameters Plugin” This does not seem to have been downloaded as a part of teline iii v2 and I can’t seem to find it on your website. Please advise.</blockquote>

theandygram Friend

The module Mega Menu module doesn’t exist in my installation. The mega.css file is not there. Yet, I do seem to be able to use the parameters JA Extended to create a mega menu using my main menu (how can I do this if the module isn’t installed?). Since the T3 Framework v.2, does this no longer require to install the Mega Menu as a separate option?

I have tried to create a new menu and I can’t seem to configure it to show up at the very top of the page, like in the demo.

HeR0 Friend

Hi

Where is very top of the page? Sorry, i do not understand that you said. Can you attach some screenshots for more clearer ?

Regards,

theandygram Friend

Attached is a screenshot with an arrow pointing to what I am trying to put onto my template. There are several positions on my template, when I try and put anything into them (hornav, syndicate, ja-login) they just don’t show up on the template. The positions also don’t show up when I use ?tp=1.

I have spent hours reading your documentation and watching your videos to try and understand how to modify the layout to show additional blocks and I still can’t figure it out. I have tried adding this to the layout:

<block name=”top” type=”top”>syndicate</block>

and it doesn’t add the positions.

1. screenshot
    HeR0 Friend

Hi
    Please provide ftp account, i need check file templates/ja_teline_iii/blocks/header.,php

Regards,

theandygram Friend

Sent via private message.

Thank you.

Andy

HeR0 Friend

Hi,
    Now, i can see the syndicate position on template, please assign module menu to syndicate position.

Regards,

theandygram Friend

OK, I can now assign something to that position.

What I am still having trouble with is having the K2 User module showing up in the “Member” menu. The steps I am taking, perhaps you can tell me where I am going wrong:

–I am creating a menu.
    –The first level of the menu is just a “Text Separator”
    –The second level of the menu I select “Login” for the Menu Type because for some reason the K2 User (their new login module) is not showing up as an option.
    –I assign a module to that menu item, this time I use K2 Login (There depricated way of doing it)

After this, nothing is showing up except the name of the first level of menu and it isn’t even a link.

I am sending you my sites admin login, if you could look at what I am doing wrong, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Andy

HeR0 Friend

Hi,
    Mega menu only works on menunav block. In your case, you must use a menu module which supports multiple level.

Regards,

theandygram Friend

Not clear on how to do that if the template setting is megamenu. I am sure this has to do with profiles but I’m not sure.

Thanks,
    Andy

HeR0 Friend

Hi theandygram,

That means when you assigned module menu to ‘syndicate’ position, mega menu does not have any affect on this position. It only displays as a normal menu ( joomla menu ).
    Therefore, you must use a module menu which can display as mega menu on ‘syndicate’ position.
    Hope you understand!
    Regards,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 11 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum