Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

How do you get the K2 articles to show on the front page instead of the the “regular” articles? I’ve started posting to K2, instead of normal, but K2 don’t show up in the home page even when set as featured article.

Stork11 Friend

Hello bbscotty,

Home page shows only 1 featured article of Joomla Content (You can check in “Home” menu item in Menu Manager). Others are modules, such as JA Side News Module. You can open these modules settings to find their categories selection setting.

Regards.

compas Friend

Anyone found out how to show the featured K2 items on the front page?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi compas,

By default, we choose to display featured articles of Joomla content in that position, if you want to show k2 item, you can change menu item type from Feauted articles to another type of K2 and select your desired K2 item to display there.

compas Friend

Thanks Saguaros,

I found that out aswell. I was hoping there was a way to show Specialfeatured K2 items on the frontpage. There is no way to link this in the menu. Only K2 Categories or single Items.

Saguaros Moderator

Yes, so you should consider to use Joomla content in this case 🙂

compas Friend

I managed to fix it. I used these steps:

1. Go to Menus > Main Menu.
    2. Click on the menu item with the gold star in the default column. This is likely called Home.
    3. Unless your home page is already a K2 Categories view, in the box labeled Menu Item Type, click Change Type.
    4. Change it to “K2 Categories”.
    5. Under Parameters (Basic) > Select Categories, select all of your categories (or if you only want the featured items from certain categories, select those).
    6. Under Parameters (Basic) > Featured Items, select “Show only featured items”.
    7. Set whatever other parameters you want and save.

Now your home page will show only items that you have set as Featured.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  compas 10 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum