Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi guys, I’m just wondering how I show up K2 categories instead of the regular Joomla categories on the side menu (main menu)?

I want to use K2 categories because their items has more options to control than the regular article (i.e. comments, etc).

Thanks,
    Thiago

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi tguarino,

First, please read our document here, take a look at all picture.
    http://joomla25-templates.joomlart.com/ja_wall/en/documentation/item/370-ja-wall-insight-4-k2-or-joomla-standard-content?-your-choice.html

For summary:
    1. Create a K2 category
    2. Create K2 item and put them in the K2 category just created
    2. Create a menu item
    – Menu Type = K2 ยป Categories
    – Expand Basic Options on the right
    – Choose the category here

If you select multiple K2 categories, you must set configuration
    Select a template -ja-wall
    Leading count -0
    Columns for leading -1
    Image size for leading items -Large
    Primary count -20
    Columns for primary -1
    Image size for primary items -Medium
    Secondary count -0
    Columns for secondary -1
    Image size for secondary items -Small
    Links count -0
    Columns for links -1
    Image size for link items – XSmall

If you select one category only, then you must set these parameters in K2 Category options, section ‘Category item layout’

You can also install a quickstart on you localhost and compare the configuration.

Regards

napatjo Friend

<em>@tguarino 323751 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi guys, I’m just wondering how I show up K2 categories instead of the regular Joomla categories on the side menu (main menu)?

I want to use K2 categories because their items has more options to control than the regular article (i.e. comments, etc).

Thanks,
    Thiago</blockquote>

The main menu is shown on the top. use another menu for the side menu. the right side is positions: aside-1, 2, 3

the left side is called sidebar
    add a menu item in the menu, or add a new menu contain a K2 item links.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  napatjo 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum