Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

This thread is for expert users, developers and moderators.

i would like to know if and how to show DIRECTLY without a link text, the rsgallery2 component in a module IN the home page. I would like to insert it in user8 or user9 position so when someone enter my website, he can immediatly see a structure like the following:

<MAIN CONTENT>
    [JA_news_FP] (position “ja-news” – 1)
    [JA_news] (position “ja-news” – 2)
    [RSgallery2] (position “user8” -1)
    </MAIN CONTENT>

I would like also if it is possible to delete all the first row of options of ja_semantic template of rsgallery2. (Latest / Popular / Most Voted / Most Commented / Most Rating)

thx!

bossep Friend

hello gaygiorgia,
    Update: Installing avian to better understand what you want.

I probably dont meet the criterias but I think I know what you want.
    Also I am no expert on the rsgallery2 extention but here it goes.
    If your extention can run as a plugin or module it will work.
    If it is a module just asifn it to the position you like. Like user8.
    If it is a plugin (mambot) do this.
    Make a copy of mod_custom
    Name it somthing like rsgallery2 or what ever you fancy.
    type in the {whatever the plugin likes you to do} inside the brackets{}
    Save your new custom module.
    Asign this module to user8 and position it to ware you like it. I have or are using it on user5, user8, user9, JA-news positions and it works fine.
    Take a look at my site http://www.guatemala-times.com the slideshow with horses is done this way.

A little bit about mod_custom:
    This is a really handy module to create your own modules you can type in any kind of code and as long as it is correct it will work.

If you need more hands on help let me know.

Bosse

bossep Friend

Hello again gaygiorgia,
    Let me first say: Im interested in this as I am working on a site for a photographer and need galleries.
    Have you checked?
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/rsgallery-problems-and-support/
    I did a quick look at the proveders site tried to install the component plugins etc. and most of the stuff dosent work!
    Perhaps you should look else ware? I am sertenly doing that. I will keep looking at this but also elseware.
    I am currently using JSN ImageShow PRO and it works perfect for my needs. Easy to set up and use.

Bosse

bossep Friend

Hello gaygiorgia,
    I did what you like to do but I dident use the JA Avian stuff. I did a bit of mix and match here.
    slide show in user8 on http://www.guatemala-times.com/jomtest2/
    It dosent look to good on my site but I dont have time to set it up perfectly but If you like to proceed with this I think I can help you. But I have a bit of IF’s and Way’s.
    1. You need to enable Legacy! I personally dont like this.
    2. If you only need a slideshow not a compleate gallery aplication. This is over kill and to much aggony. Plenty of bugs and work arounds necesary.

Let me know
    Bosse

gaygiorgia Friend

hi,
    lol i’m not newbe, i already red that 3d dozen times…
    btw i’ll have a look to this JSN, even i think rsgallery2 is the better. if some1 is not able to get it working good, 99% it is an user low skill on it.

bossep Friend

Well I know you are not a newbe:)
    And I agree, most problems is related to:
    1. Not reading the instructions
    2. Not setting things up right.
    But then we have the.
    1. Bad documentation
    2. Not saying that you need to enable lagacy for instance.
    3. Not compatible with other extentions.

So, did you get the RS to work on your site?

Bosse

gaygiorgia Friend

ok, i’ve customized ja_semantica template for my needings.

NOW:
    i would like to know how to directly showindex.php?option=com_rsgallery2output DIRECTLY in home page in positionuser8“.

infact at the moment to show the rsgallery component in frontend we need to click on link like this:

http://yoursitename.domain/index.php?option=com_rsgallery2

gaygiorgia Friend

anyone has an idea about it?

gaygiorgia Friend

mmm, what do u think about an “include” php command with index.php?option=com_rsgallery2 as link?
    inserted in the index.php of teline2 template? do u think it could works?

gaygiorgia Friend

ehm i was able to add 2 components per page:

i downloaded mod_insert from here:
    http://extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,4602/Itemid,35/

then in configuration, i settled:
    components/com_rsgallery2/rsgallery2.php

it correctly show me the rsgallery2 after JA NEWS but….
    if i click on an its gallery i get a page with a duplicated output XD…

someone has an idea?

EDIT:
    i get often a ftal error during surfing the test site if i have 2 components in homepage at same time… 🙁

gaygiorgia Friend

WOW!!! I think i may had solved the problem!!
    instead charging directly the component, i charge another php files which include the component.
    [php]
    <?php
    include_once (“components/com_rsgallery2/rsgallery2.php”);
    ?>
    [/php]
    how u can see from the code, the duplication of the component (if u use it) is solved by the incluce_ONCE function :D!!!

the fatal errors, then, are solved with the display of the module mod_insert, which is setted to be shown only in homepage :D.

Now i test it hard guys 😉

bossep Friend

gaygiorgia,
    Could you, if you have time try to get into some kind of steps so we could follow what you did?
    This would be really nifty thing to have. Do you have it live someware? link?

Bosse

gaygiorgia Friend

yes, it works. i have only a problem:

my php5.ini in of the server of my hoster is setted to 8MB as max memory for script.
    installation of rsgallery2 need 16,5MB….

so now i do so:
    on localhost where i can configure memory i set 32MB. install and then i’ll have an online demo. only give me a couple of hours 🙂

gaygiorgia Friend

<em>@bossep 75221 wrote:</em><blockquote>gaygiorgia,
    Could you, if you have time try to get into some kind of steps so we could follow what you did?
    This would be really nifty thing to have. Do you have it live someware? link?

Bosse</blockquote>
    yes.
    sry for delay.

then:
    1) download THIS VERY ULTRA SIMPLE AND SMALL MODULE;
    2) install it.
    3) install com_rsgallery2 extension from JA AVIAN II last download pack. To get it correctly working you have to do THIS SMALL ADD TO TELINE2 TEMPLATE
    4) create a xxx.php file with this code into it:

<?php
    include_once ("components/com_rsgallery2/rsgallery2.php");
    ?>

5) place xxx.php into webserver root (the same root folder where u installed joomla)
    6) add and configure a new mod_insert module like following:
    a) “Module Parameters:” -> “xxx.php”
    b) “Menu Assignment:” -> “ONLY HOME”

WARNING: your memory_limit in your php5.ini and php.ini have to be set to 32MB at least.

gaygiorgia Friend

this is a possible home page with ja-news 1.3.1 and rsgallery2 (JA semantic template modificated as i prefer)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mayke 15 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum