Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I don’t know php and need to publish an article on frontpage
    Could somebody please write the code which i should use in index.php?

Thanks
    Regards

cjmicro Friend

when you make the article you just check “show on front page” on the article parameters. or am i missing something more complicated you want to do?

hpromoter Friend

<em>@cjmicro 95103 wrote:</em><blockquote>when you make the article you just check “show on front page” on the article parameters. or am i missing something more complicated you want to do?</blockquote>

Thanks for your reply but I have the same problem at http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/no-articles-shown-on-frontpage/
    So i need the code for JA Vauxite

cjmicro Friend

ok maybe this has something to do with the ja-front page modules. ja-news and ja-fpnews (which come with the template files but you have to install them)

I have to look into that more for the template I’m using now too. If you install and publish those modules things show up. I bet it is in the template userguide. I’m going to look at that myself!

Cheryl

jay973 Friend

Hi,

JA News (mod_janews) lists articles by Category/Section and you need to specify them in the module manager, whereas JA News Frontpage (mod_janews_fp) will publish anything that is set to ‘show on front page’ in the standard way.

Hope this helps,

Jason.

<em>@hpromoter 95096 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

I don’t know php and need to publish an article on frontpage
    Could somebody please write the code which i should use in index.php?

Thanks
    Regards</blockquote>

hpromoter Friend

<em>@jay973 95128 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

JA News (mod_janews) lists articles by Category/Section and you need to specify them in the module manager, whereas JA News Frontpage (mod_janews_fp) will publish anything that is set to ‘show on front page’ in the standard way.

Hope this helps,

Jason.</blockquote>

Thank you, but I just want to publish an article on frontpage. I don’t want to use any module or css style of JA News.
    Regards,

aedin84 Friend

I’m pretty sure the poster is asking for the old way of posting articles on the frontpage. Meaning, they want to post an article on the frontpage by default, and not having to use JA News or JA News FP modules to do so.

I remember finding something for JA Teline II, but I don’t know if the same holds true for JA Vauxite. Though I wouldn’t be able to find the specific post from the JA Teline II forum.

Edit: I believe this post answers the question. http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showpost.php?p=81599&postcount=4

hpromoter Friend

<em>@Aedin84 95167 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m pretty sure the poster is asking for the old way of posting articles on the frontpage. Meaning, they want to post an article on the frontpage by default, and not having to use JA News or JA News FP modules to do so.

I remember finding something for JA Teline II, but I don’t know if the same holds true for JA Vauxite. Though I wouldn’t be able to find the specific post from the JA Teline II forum.

Edit: I believe this post answers the question. http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showpost.php?p=81599&postcount=4</blockquote>

Thank you so much 🙂
    Regards

cjmicro Friend

Did that edit work for you? I didn’t get it to work. Please let me know how you did it. I find myself also wanting to display front page same as normal instead of ja_news or ja_newsfp. I tried editing the index.php as in the linked post, but no such luck.

Thanks,Cheryl

OOps, nevermind, I found the answer in this post: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-do-i-revert-brack-to-default-joomla-frontpage-style/

florueta Friend

Hi,

I’ve tried that. Yes, it is true: now I can see the front news pubilshed without using JA News.

But now the problem is that it doesn’t have the proper layout: the white bakground is NOT appearing. News are published directly on the grey area.

This is really important for me. Could you please help me???

kmharper Friend

I’m having the same problem. I really need this template to work in the traditional front page format, but the above fixes break the layout of the template.

Please help!!!

Anonymous Moderator

Hi kmharper

Please try to do with my way:

– Open templates/ja_vauxite/index.php file, find following code section:

[PHP]

<?php if(!$tmpTools->isFrontPage()) : ?>
    <div class=”ja-wrap-center”><div class=”ja-wrap-top”><div class=”ja-wrap-bot”>

<div id=”ja-pathway”>
    <jdoc:include type=”module” name=”breadcrumbs” />
    </div>
    <?php endif ; ?>

<jdoc:include type=”component” />

</div></div></div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    [/PHP]

and change to:

[PHP]

<div class=”ja-wrap-center”><div class=”ja-wrap-top”><div class=”ja-wrap-bot”>

<div id=”ja-pathway”>
    <jdoc:include type=”module” name=”breadcrumbs” />
    </div>
    <?php endif ; ?>

<jdoc:include type=”component” />

</div></div></div>

[/PHP]

Hope it helps.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 14 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum