Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi, on my mainpage I have displayed some modules before displaying the Intro with the Read More link of an article.

After clicking the Read More link I get displayed the Full Text of the article. What do I have to do, that the modules are not displayed on this page ?

• At the Modules Menu Assignment I only have one time this page
    • It seem that the Read More link <hr id="system-readmore" /> isn’t editable
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by  Rainer.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by  Rainer.
    Rainer Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    timtecsa Friend

Hi Rainer,

You may be missing a menu item for the article page. Such a menu item usually uses a different template style than "Featured Intro" e.g. Category Blog. See link below to an article page on a Nuevo site I made recently.

https://www.compose.com.hk/about/blog/356-getting-your-piece-of-the-pie-how-to-succeed-as-a-printer-in-the-digital-marketing-age

Tim

Rainer Friend

Thanks Tim

I tried your proposal. This will work only if you add a menu item for each article. And only, if you publish these menu items. But then you have later hundreds of links in your navigation bar. If you unpublish these menu items the modules, which I do not want to display, are displayed.

Saguaros Moderator

Tim is right, a Joomla article need to belong to one menu item for redirection. At this moment, article on homepage of your site might not be assigned to any menu item so it keeps showing on homepage. You can create new menu item (or use existing one) and assign that article (or category that article belongs to) to menu item.

Rainer Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi Rainer,

You don’t need to publish that menu item in the main menu (which is displaying on frontend of your site).

You can create a new menu instead, name it as hidden menu – for example – then create menu item for it.

After that you can assign category that article belongs to (or assign that article) to the new created menu item.

Hope you got the idea.

Regards

Rainer Friend

This works fine.

Thanks guys – Rainer

Saguaros Moderator

Glad to hear it works now!

Have a nice day!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum