Tagged: , ,

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Is it possible to specify image used in the Video – JA ACM Module? That is, instead of the one generated automatically?

I noticed its html as <source type="video/ogg" src="/images/joomlart/media/video.ogv" id="ogv">, yet I don’t know the source or how to edit.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    there is no image setting for the module , in demo its the local video from server : http://prntscr.com/bfog21
    Once u add the youtube/vimeo video , you will see the image on the same . While u can find the code in the acm file /acm/video/tmpl/style-1.php file for all three types .

sobe Friend

Hi Pankaj,
    Thanks for the explanation.

I found the "style-1.php" file but have not figured out how to edit the right code. The video’s source is Vimeo and I attempted to change the ‘vimeo’ case from this:

case 'vimeo':
            $video_src = '//player.vimeo.com/video/' . trim($arr[1]) . '?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0&amp;&amp;loop=1';

To this:
    case ‘vimeo’:
    $video_src = ‘images/video.jpg’ . trim($arr[1]);

But nothing changed.

What would be the right code to point to the image file "video.jpg" in the image folder?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    You can not change the source of video , because it break the code , May i know the issue on your site with Vimeo video ?
    If possible can u share the url .

sobe Friend

Hi Pankaj,
    The issue with Vimeo videos are all the icons and buttons that automatically show up along with the image. This doesn’t happen with YouTube or local videos, where only the centered-square-button shows up, which is visually much more pleasing.

Is there a way to prevent the Vimeo buttons and icons from showing?

Our site has not been uploaded yet.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Please check this link that help u to control the video of Vimeo .
    Hope it helps .

sobe Friend

Thanks for trying to help me solve this.

Unfortunately, the link you mentioned only matters if we uploaded the video we’re using, which is not the case, we’re embedding someone else’s video.

Is it possible to resolve this by customizing the embed code instead?

If not, is possible to edit the module code so that it points to a local image rather than the auto-generated one?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I am afraid this seems to present in the vimeo pro accounts. We used normal video player of Vimeo to play the videos . By which u can show/hide , control auto play etc from the videos .
    As u can read on video forum for adding image and control the video control its only for embed videos option .
    https://vimeo.com/forums/topic:50665
    While u can hide the controls by add below code in custom.css

.sidedock { display:none; }
    .controls {
    display: none;
    }

Reference link Here

sobe Friend

In what folder should I add the custom.css?

I’ve tried a number of location with no luck. It seems the player.css isn’t local, but instead from vimeo.com. Is it possible to overwrite it?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Go to /css/custom.css file .
    Create file if its not present , yes the player.css is from the vimeo server .

sobe Friend

I was already using a functional custom.css, yet when I add that code and refresh it doesn’t seem to have any effect, even when adding "!important".

I’m presuming it’s because the source code is not local. Could that be the reason?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Please share your working site url here ,
    i need to take a look on your site for this issue now.

sobe Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I am afraid your request does not complete as Vimeo does not allow to hide this . I suggest you write the issue on Vimeo support forum , as they mentioned hide feature only for the Pro accounts on their site .
    You can find the code of Vimeo video frame in /acm/video/tmpl/style-1/php (Near Line 50) .

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 7 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum