Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,

I think i might be better off installing the quicktart version as am not very technical. How do I save all my images and articles and banners so that I can use them in the new version?

Jim

VisiGod Friend

You can’t basically. There are options to export the content and reimport it, but I would advise you that this will be the harder way than to install the template, the modules and to adjust these.

James Weston Friend

Thanks, maybe you are right am just a bit worried about how long it will take me and how long the site will look messy for before I get it all in the right order.

James Weston Friend

Visi God is there a way to install the template so it looks just like the demo version but takes my data? I actually like the new layout and think it would be easier for me to edit the new layout than try and rebuild the new layout from what i get when i currently switch templates which is a big mess 🙂

Jim

VisiGod Friend

<em>@origomedia 208085 wrote:</em><blockquote>Visi God is there a way to install the template so it looks just like the demo version but takes my data? I actually like the new layout and think it would be easier for me to edit the new layout than try and rebuild the new layout from what i get when i currently switch templates which is a big mess 🙂

Jim</blockquote>

Yes, there is:
    1. Install the template
    2. Install the modules
    3. Install the plugins
    4. Make the settings same or similar as in the quickstart.

James Weston Friend

VisiGod, thanks for the prompt response. Ok I will give it a go. Fingers crossed. Is there a way to look at the settings in quickstart or is the best way to look at the demo version and work out the module positions?

Jim

VisiGod Friend

<em>@origomedia 208087 wrote:</em><blockquote>VisiGod, thanks for the prompt response. Ok I will give it a go. Fingers crossed. Is there a way to look at the settings in quickstart or is the best way to look at the demo version and work out the module positions?

Jim</blockquote>

Install it on your computer if you run a local server or make a subdomain (i.e. test.example.com) and install it there.

James Weston Friend

Thanks for the info. I have gone to godaddy and created a subdomain http://www.newsite.vivaasiamgazine.com

However, now I am not where and how to upload the template to that subdomain. Can someone advise me where I can go to learn about this? I need to work out how to make a joomla administrator for the domain so i can upload teh quickstart template.

Jim

VisiGod Friend

<em>@origomedia 208092 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for the info. I have gone to godaddy and created a subdomain http://www.newsite.vivaasiamgazine.com

However, now I am not where and how to upload the template to that subdomain. Can someone advise me where I can go to learn about this? I need to work out how to make a joomla administrator for the domain so i can upload teh quickstart template.

Jim</blockquote>
    Use the quickstart there. Unzip it and upload it there. After that install as you are installing Joomla! but always use the sample content.

James Weston Friend

Hi VisiGold i am still learning a lot of this stuff. i went to my godaddy account and in the file manager tried to upload the quickstart zipfile to the folder newsite but it would not upload it.

I am thinking maybe I am doing this in the wrong place. If i go to the http://www.vivaasiamagazine.com/administrator admin place I cannot find the subdomain newsite.

Sorry for some really basic questions but i was happy that i managed to create the subdomain but now think I am looking in the wrong places to use it. Jim

wombat1 Friend

I know it may not be the “right” way, but there is another way to do this.
    I tried installing the template and plugins then redoing settings etc and it was a bit of a nightmare.
    So i installed a Quickstart package, then used phpmyadmin to export all the articles, menu and registered users from the current active site to the quickstart install, and it worked just fine.
    For the images to be transferred simply copy the images>stories folder over from the old site, to the new images folder.

Now that i know this can be done easily, all we need is for the definitive template to come out of beta.
    Its looking better every day.

<em>@VisiGod 208086 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes, there is:
    1. Install the template
    2. Install the modules
    3. Install the plugins
    4. Make the settings same or similar as in the quickstart.</blockquote>

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi origomedia,

The right way is:
    1. install jat3 v2 framework plugin, if not installed.
    2. install teline IV
    3. switch to teline IV and configure it properly.

take backup and work on clone of your site. there are no new steps, its just a new template for your site, its all about configuring it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum