Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

How does one replicate the event-page’s background image tiny-square pattern?

(*see image)

1. background-image-pattern
    jooservices Friend

Hi there
    Yes you can.
    # You need 2 layers.
    — First layout is main image
    — Second layer is dot image. And apply backgorund-repeat.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

sobe Friend

<em>@jooservices 465953 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    — Second layer is dot image. And apply backgorund-repeat.
    </blockquote>

Hi Jooservices, thanks for helping out. How does one create a “dot image” and apply a “repeat”? I’m using Macromedia Fireworks to edit images.

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    – Create dot image it would be easy for any designer with image editor.
    – And background repeat is css work

http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

sobe Friend

I googled “create dot image” and couldn’t find anything helpful.

Are there other ways of referencing the pixelated/squared layer?

hstrom Friend

Just create something like this (with transparency, obviously) and set it as the layer two as described above:

With kind regards,
    – Johan.

jooservices Friend

Hi there.
    Dot image you can ask your design make it. It would simple thing for her / him 🙂
    And now is html / css work 🙂

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

sobe Friend

Hi Johan,
    This looks very different from the one used in the template (which are squared of various shade closer together.

How does one go about doing those types of pixels?

Plus, is “dot image” really the correct terminology? I’ve googled solutions and nothing comes close…

sobe Friend

Joomlart used to provide the original source files, which would be the easiest way to replicate the demo background effect with other images. Unfortunately, the only background image available in the installation is a jpg file, and not a png (which would include a checkered layer).

Is the original source file for the background image available anywhere to download?

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    I have little bit confuse about your issue here
    # At first we are talking about how to make dot layer. I have answered logic how to that. In fact it’s basic thing your designer would know how to do.
    # About template download. You can download everything here

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=540

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

sobe Friend

Hi Jooservices,
    Thanks for trying to help.

Regarding “dot layer,” your answers haven’t been specific enough. I don’t have a designer, and I still don’t know how to create the tiny-square-pattern.

Regarding the source files, the link you provided has none. Joomlart used to provide such files, with the capacity to edit layered images.

If you’re not able to explain how to create the tiny-square-pattern, can you at least provide the original source background image, as it may contain the very “checkered layer” that I’m looking for?

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    # About dot layer issue. I’ll try to talk about this again
    — You’ll need to layer: One for main background and once is repeat image. Repeat image is an layer with dot image and repeating.
    — To create repeat image you can use any Image editor. But HOW to create it you’ll need check around Internet about Image editing works. I afraid we can’t help you at this point.
    — There are many free image on google. Try to use keyword: “free dot background image”

# About template download everything you can download located in

If it do not have PSD source it’s mean it’s available at this time .

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

sobe Friend

<em>@jooservices 466115 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there
    — There are many free image on google. Try to use keyword: “free dot background image”

# About template download everything you can download located in

If it do not have PSD source it’s mean it’s available at this time .

Thank you,
    Viet Vu</blockquote>

Hi Viet Vu,
    I google “free dot background image” and exactly only 1 result appeared on google, and maybe 2 dozen on google-images; neither being helpful. Not only were they circular dots, but none seemed like a proper background image. Are you sure this type layer is called “dot background image” …??

Why can’t Joomlart post a download link for the PSD source…?! The “dot” effect on the background image is important for that page to function similar to the demo.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sobe 9 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum