Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

My troubles with JA-News module have ended.

MiCCAS, bigrk, ShannonN –> Thank you for your answers and suggestions. I have tested the JA-News 1.2 Beta on my new project (still under development) and I am happy with what I see. Not all but most of my “needs” addressed earlier are met in v1.2Beta.

Now, the question is:

Can I safely uninstall JA-News 1.1.1 from my main website and install JA-News 1.2 Beta to replace it? Will this not affect my contents, databases, etc? What is the best way to do this?

In the past, I tried the phpAdmin backup and made backup files successfully. However, restoring the database did not work, I ran into some messages indicating errors – so I am hesitant relying on the Backup – Restore procedure. This is where my question comes from.

SO… Is it safe, and what is the best way to do it?

Michael Casha Friend

That should be fine, however if you’d like just send me a link to the phpmyadmin and the access details and I’ll create a database backup for you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Casha 16 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum