Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    In first of all i want to thanks JoomlArt to develop new version of T3 Framework that we all love and make it free for everyone!

I want to share my experience with templating based on T3V3 Blank Template for Joomla 2.5.
    Many of You search for help how to rename any template at Joomla 2.5. Its tricky we know it.

About 5 miutes ago i want to rename my first template. How i make it?

1) Install and develop any template You want with JA T3v3 Blank for Joomla 2.5 quickstart package,
    2) Via FTP copy ja_t3v3_blank folder with all files to Your local hard drive,
    3) Open templateDetails.xml located in ja_t3v3_blank folder root,
    4) Make Your own template header, describtion and language file names at
    <blockquote><name>Your new Template</name>
    <version>1.0.0</version>
    <creationDate>Jan 2013</creationDate>
    <author>You</author>
    <authorEmail>YourEmail@your.domain</authorEmail>
    <authorUrl>YourDomain.com</authorUrl>
    <copyright>You</copyright>
    <license>license GNU/GPLv3 http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html</license>
    <group>template_name</group></blockquote>

<blockquote><description>
    <!]>
    </description></blockquote>

<blockquote>
    <languages folder=”languages”>
    <language tag=”en-GB”>en-GB.tpl_template_name.ini</language>
    <language tag=”en-GB”>en-GB.tpl_template_name.sys.ini</language>
    </languages>
    </blockquote>

5) Rename ja_t3v3_blank folder to ex. template_name and make .zip archive. The .zip archive should be template_name.zip
    6) Via Joomla Installer install new template by choosing template_name.zip file
    7) Via FTP find en-GB.tpl_ja_t3v3_blank.ini and en-GB.tpl_ja_t3v3_blank.sys.ini located at /language/en-GB folder at Your web server and rename it to en-GB.tpl_template_name.ini and en-GB.tpl_template_name.sys.ini
    8) At Joomla Template Manager You will se Your new Template template. Make it default via change star position.

In my case i needed to disable all Template General options such as Enable Development Mode, Enable ThemeMagic, Enable responsive, Enable Compress CSS and choose the Logo Type again.

Thats All. With this tip You will no longer see
    <blockquote><link rel=”stylesheet” href=”templates/ja_t3v3_blank/css/template.css” type=”text/css” /></blockquote>

but

<blockquote><link rel=”stylesheet” href=”templates/template_name/css/template.css” type=”text/css” /></blockquote>

Feel free to discuss and upgrade my tip
    Regards,
    Yakusa

valbrsp Friend

Please I have a question, if I use the blank template, am I aloud to change the footer info??

Copyright © 2013 JA T3v3 Blank. All Rights Reserved. Designed by JoomlArt.com.

Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.
    thank you very much…

yakusa Friend

Hi, In my opinion Yes until the license GNU/GPLv3 http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html is mentioned in all template source files.
    JAT3v3 Blank Template is a free template framework that You can use for Your private or commercial projects.

In other words, Your Joomla site based on GNU/GPLv3 files is free for everyone to modify, change.
    Any graphics You make for site are protected by appropriate law because they are not licenced by GNU/GPLv3.
    Its Your property protected by law.

You can proud add on footer information text such as “powered by T3v3 framework”, if u wish 🙂

valbrsp Friend

Thank you very much.
    Very nice of them, I have the membership but not developer.

Thank you.:)

xsparky911x Friend

I did all of this but now when I activate the theme and refresh my site I get a server error 🙁

yakusa Friend

Hi xsparky911x and thanks for Your issue,
    I’ll try to help You with this problem but i cant believe that template can make a server error.
    What is Your Joomla version? Did You use quickstart package?
    Please provide me url of Your page at Private Message. Thanks

yakusa

xsparky911x Friend

Your correct. I installed wamp on my laptop and installed the quickstart package. I followed the same steps here and now rather then showing a server error when loading the page it shows nothing. Also when I try to configure the template in administration it doesnt show any of the options you see when configuring the t3v3 blank. I would give you the url but it is running on a local machine running wamp with apache, php, and mysql.

If i run the t3v3 blank theme, everything works its just when i try to copy it and follow the steps above that i have problems 🙁

yakusa Friend

Hi,
    In my whole experience with localhost development i dont use it anymore but i’ll try to install t3v3 blank quickstart to wamp localhost and follow my steps 🙂
    Wish me luck!
    What version of WAMP and quickstart package did You use?

xsparky911x Friend

WAMP 2.2E 64bit and the t3v3 quickstart (2013 version).

yakusa Friend

Hi All i have resolve xsparky911x problem with renaming t3v3 blank template on WAMP server.
    In my first post is little problem

Should be
    <blockquote><name>Your new Template</name>
    <version>1.0.0</version>
    <creationDate>Jan 2013</creationDate>
    <author>You</author>
    <authorEmail>YourEmail@your.domain</authorEmail>
    <authorUrl>YourDomain.com</authorUrl>
    <copyright>You</copyright>
    <license>license GNU/GPLv3 http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html</license&gt;
    <group>ja_t3v3</group> </blockquote>

Now the site is working fine! 😀

1. 1
    2. 2
    xsparky911x Friend

Works perfect now. Thank you!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  xsparky911x 11 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum