Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I am unable to unpublish Featured Articles module (or whatever it is) from the site. It is now at the bottom of the page, just before footer. I was not able to find any module that is responsible for displaying it. I managed to get rid of the articles though. Please help out!

kachinger Friend

Guys,

This may look like a newbie question! It is not a problem to unpublish the module once you find it in Module Manager. That thing that displays Feature Articles is to be found nowhere!

Please help.

Saguaros Moderator

That is main content block which displays the featured articles in home page, you can hide this by using CSS trick:
    – Create a new css file called custom.css in this path: /templates/ja_bookshop/css
    – Add this css rule:

.home .t3-mainbody .blog-featured {
    display: none;
    }

kachinger Friend

Hi Saguaros,
    The file you mentioned was created but I still see that section displayed. Is there any other way I can take control over this?
    Kris

stulaine Friend

Kris,

I think this is the component section. It requires modifying the two-sidebar php file in the template.
    You could just copy and rename this file – make your modifcations and then reference the new file in the mainbody.php code.

This removes the whole block. Anytime you update the template you will need to change again.

Did not test this but I think you are looking to remove the block.

Saguaros Moderator

I just checked again in my local site with my suggestion as above and it worked properly. It helps to hide this featured block in home page ONLY.

Regarding to @stulaine‘s suggestion, depend on the layout you’re using with the main body: no-sidebar, one-sidebar-left, one-sidebar-right, two-sidebar, etc…, you can find and remove this line of code:
    [PHP]<jdoc:include type=”component” />[/PHP]
    Please note that if you remove the component section, make sure that layout is assigned to homepage only. Because if other pages on your site also use that layout, it will be effected (the main content will be removed).

kachinger Friend

Saguaros, your first suggestion actually worked! I made typo in custom.css file.

Appreciate your help here!

theedge Friend

Hi,

I would like to do exactly the same thing. However the classes referenced above are no longer present in the HTML so the CSS trick does not work. How do I do this now in 2016 with version 1.1.4 of the template?

Saguaros Moderator

It should be the same, you can post your site’s URL here so I will have a look.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 8 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum