Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Does anyone know how to remove the New button at the bottom of an Article List page? I think I am getting hacked through the New button. Strange jpegs are being uploaded to my Image root directory. I’m hoping I can stop the hack if they don’t have the New button.

Thank you.

1. 2016-08-05_removeNewButton
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    This button seems custom button added in in the php files of category list .
    You need to remove the button from same files to remove it .

selbywinkler Friend

If I remove it in the php file, then my Registered Publishers won’t be able to make new articles.

Is there a way to remove it only from Public view?

Every time I deny the Public "create" permissions, it locks my Publisher "create" and I can’t unlock it to "allow" create permissions.

1. 2016-08-05_publicPermissions
    2. 2016-08-05_publisherPermissions
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    No its custom button and Joomla ACL not work on it , You change the lInk to a menu Link and then apply the ACL on menu item .

selbywinkler Friend

Okay, this is what I will do:

1. I will make a template over-ride and remove the New button in the category list php file.
    2. I will use the Joomla ACL on an Article Create menu item.

Thank you.

selbywinkler Friend

Hello,
    I changed the Joomla ACL on the Article Create menu item.

I am having trouble removing the "Submit New Article" button in the Category list.

Here’s the code that I think I have to remove from the default_articles.php in com_content/category.

<?php // Code to add a link to submit an article. ?>
    <?php if ($this->category->getParams()->get(‘access-create’)) : ?>
    <?php echo JHtml::_(‘icon.create’, $this->category, $this->category->params); ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

I found the php page = templates/purityiii/html/com_content/category/default_articles.php
    I made a copy of the default_articles.php page and renamed it default_articles -20160806.php.

I removed the code for the button.

I thought that the Category list page would show without the button, but it still shows up.

Can you please tell me the steps for the override? This is the first time I have tried to do this.

Thank you. sw

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    As i understand you added the custom code in the core Joomla layout files ?
    If you added the button code their you need to remove it so it will not comes on site .
    Beside you can post the site temp super user details , i will check the issue on site if its from template files .

selbywinkler Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    its not from the Joomla too , you added the code somewhere in default files
    I tested Purity III package and there is no button : http://prntscr.com/c3cjem
    I also noticed you have overrides in the template that may creating the button
    Path /html/com_content/categories/default_items.php file
    and here the code of button in this file :

<span class="badge badge-info tip hasTooltip" title="<?php echo JHtml::tooltipText('COM_CONTENT_NUM_ITEMS'); ?>">
                            <?php echo $item->numitems; ?>
                        </span>

Hope its clear now !

selbywinkler Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  selbywinkler 7 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum