Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hello!!!
    In my contents appears that symbol �
    How to remove it?

My webpage is this: http://www.e-tirnavos.gr

Saguaros Moderator

now, you open the file modules/mod_janews/helper.php and find the following code:

[PHP]
    if (function_exists ( ‘mb_substr’ )) {
    $row->introtext1 = SmartTrim::mb_trim ( $row->introtext, 0, $maxchars, $doc->_charset );
    } else {
    $row->introtext1 = SmartTrim::trim ( $row->introtext, 0, $maxchars );
    }
    [/PHP]
    replace:

$row->introtext1 = JString::strlen( $row->introtext ) > $maxchars ? JString::substr( $row->introtext, 0, $maxchars ).”…”: $row->introtext;

madcat77 Friend

When i did that it appears an error (in line 2 in helper.php) and the webpage was down

The code of helper.php that you want me to change is this:

if (function_exists ( 'mb_substr' )) {
    $row->introtext1 = SmartTrim::mb_trim ( $row->introtext, 0, $maxchars, $doc->_charset );
    } else {
    }

Write me exactly how to modify it…

Manos Moderator

This code
    [PHP]if (function_exists ( ‘mb_substr’ )) {
    } else {
    }
    [/PHP]

Should be changed to meet the one below

[PHP]
    if (function_exists ( ‘mb_substr’ )) {
    $row->introtext1 = JString::strlen( $row->introtext ) > $maxchars ? JString::substr( $row->introtext, 0, $maxchars ).”…”: $row->introtext;
    } else {
    }
    [/PHP]

As a i understand ….please try this

madcat77 Friend

I did that but i still have problem…:((
    http://www.e-tirnavos.gr/

madcat77 Friend

Some other idea??

Saguaros Moderator

<em>@madcat77 197190 wrote:</em><blockquote>Some other idea??</blockquote>

Can you pls provide the FTP account and the administrator account i would like to check closer and have this issue resolved.

Thanks

madcat77 Friend

When i try to make you an admin account i see that i have another problem

Fatal error: Class ‘JMailHelper’ not found in /home/mysite/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/table/user.php on line 156

I cant create user :((:((

Saguaros Moderator

<em>@madcat77 198847 wrote:</em><blockquote>When i try to make you an admin account i see that i have another problem

Fatal error: Class ‘JMailHelper’ not found in /home/mysite/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/table/user.php on line 156

I cant create user :((:((</blockquote>

Hmm, how did you install the site,? have you used the zip file and extract this file on your host for installation or you uploaded file by file to your host?

i guess that your joomla package had problem, may be some files are missing 😐 causing this problem

evgen2011 Friend

If somebody knows, please tell me how can the same issue be fixed for Ja sidenews module. `d really apreciate any help with this.

Manos Moderator

Hi,

Can you please show us your website ?

Regards

evgen2011 Friend

Hi,

sure, just a second…

I sent it to you as private message, please take a look.

Manos Moderator

Hi,

It looks like the � is saved in your database, just trying to clarify is all your plugins (JA plugins) updated?

evgen2011 Friend

I`m not sure I understand what you mean by ‘saved in your database’, but when I change the number of characters in the module`s backend � appear in different sections (as you might`ve noticed �s don`t appear in each introtext, just in some) of the module (other articles` introtexts). I did not update anything manually, everything is the way it came with the template (purchased right after version for Joomla! 1.7 got released). Which plugins are you talking about?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  evgen2011 12 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum