Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

40%off all visitors on our website use IE6 and the message is intrusive.
    Thanks!

histeriks Friend

qualitag;16671840%off all visitors on our website use IE6 and the message is intrusive.
    Thanks!

Hi qualitag,

i guess the fastest way to disable it would be to open the default.php file, located in site_root/templates/ja_kyanite_ii/layouts/ directory, and comment out lines 89 to 91, or simply delete them. This is what you should comment out:

[php]<?php if ($this->isIE6()) : ?>
    <?php $this->loadBlock(‘ie6/ie6warning’) ?>
    <?php endif; ?>[/php]As i recall, there were other, cleaner ways to disable that message in certain templates, it involved providing some parameters in the params.ini or something similar, but i can’t remember anymore, it was a long time ago…
    Anyway, it works this way too.

Hope this helps 🙂

John Wesley Brett Moderator
    qualitag Friend

Thanks forr your help Histeriks and Jbrett!

When I comment the lines, it’s appear /* */ on the template!

Ihave simply delete it and it’s ok now.

Regards.

fazk Friend

Dear John,

Thank you for your instruction and I followed your advice, it seems the IE6 warning is gone, but on the top of the web there is a blank area, how to delete it. Please use IE 6 to take a look at: http://www.hospitalitysuppliers.asia.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Fran

qualitag Friend

Hello Fazk,
    Everything is ok on your website!
    Clean the cache on firefox and joomla and try again.
    Regards.

Sorry, now I see the problem with IE 6.
    It is not a problem with IE6 warning.
    So, try to inactive module one by one and see the result…

fazk Friend

Yes, I tried to inactive the module one by one but the problem still exist, could you please check and give me a instruction again?

Thanks a lot!

Fran

John Wesley Brett Moderator

You have not effectively followed the instructions to remove the IE6 warning…as it appeared immediately upon opening your site.
    Please try again: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?37124-Removing-old-browser-warning&p=166728&viewfull=1#post166728

The IE6 warning cannot be turned off as you would a module because it is not a module. It is hard coded into the template proper.

Give it another go.
    Have fun!
    John.

qualitag Friend

1) site_root/templates/ja_kyanite_ii/layouts/default.php
    delete lines 89 to 91

PHP Code:
    <?php if ($this->isIE6()) : ?>
    <?php $this->loadBlock(‘ie6/ie6warning’) ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

2) Delete line 30 on template IE.CSS : /Templates/tpl_kyanite_ii/css/ie.css :

PHP Code:
    *html #ja-wrapper { margin-top: 205px; }

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  qualitag 13 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum