Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

So I just updated to Wall 1.05 and among the many things I had to go back and change to the way they were, I want to remove facebook commenting. For the life of me I can’t recall how I did it last time. Can anyone give me a heads up?

swissa Friend

<em>@yakabout 342520 wrote:</em><blockquote>So I just updated to Wall 1.05 and among the many things I had to go back and change to the way they were, I want to remove facebook commenting. For the life of me I can’t recall how I did it last time. Can anyone give me a heads up?</blockquote>

Use the search facility on the site perhaps – it’s why it is there!!

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/archive/index.php/f-364.html?

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-73350.html?

yakabout Friend

It is indeed, and its pretty damned crappy at that. It amazes me how rarely the search function on this site actually brings up the info you need, even if its there.

Even more amazing is the sheer lack of documentation on The Wall template, given it was heralded by Joomlart as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

swissa Friend

Well it doesn’t say “Google” anywhere on it so maybe that’s the problem. But it does seem to work ok…

I’ll agree with you on the documentation though. That plus the fact that I think Wall is still in beta!

Anyway, hope the search solves one of your problems. 😉

1. search
    yakabout Friend

It did, thanks, despite your narky comment… and what does any mention of ‘google’ have to do with the search functionality? There are other competent search tools ya’know. One things for sure, I’d never use a JA search extension. Infact, I’ll probably never use JA anything ever again.

Yes, this template is still in beta, but reading the hype from Joomlart one would think it is the most polished template they have ever made. The upgrade has actually made my site worse. Loading on android now results in most articles being cut off by the following article.

I’ve used a lot of joomlart templates and extensions in years past, but if the Wall is the new example of their benchmark standards, I’ll be looking into other template makers in the future. Paying customers complaining about The Wall have every right to I think.

arucardx Friend

There are still alot of things that’s broken in JA Wall. For example, the hilite style is actually broken. According to the css code, the text color should be different. The blue style is missing some lines too which makes it confusing when you try to modify them. The dark style is complete though.

Not all the CSS suffix for k2 are there as well. I had to create and pull some over from other files when messing around to create my own color styles. The bug report I made for lazyload is still hanging there as well, but no one seems to care that their og:image property is defined wrongly and thus not working. I’m not sure whether people are too forgiving, there’s a lack of people using JA Wall or people are just using it blindly. But the lack of people whose able to reproduce or acknowledge the bugs make it hard to get proper support for those issues to be fixed since it’s “minority”.

Still, rather than say this template is still in beta, I think it was released in a rush to be the first template club to release a responsive template thus the lack of standard and proper quality testing. Either that or the QA team needs to be shot. But I think the poor quality has something to do with Joomlart developer policy as well. They are required to develop and release 1 template each month, while having to provide support for previous templates. Along with the disappearances of active moderators that used to helped out, I think they are overstretched at the moment.

Lost is translation is another problem as well, such as the request I made to exclude lazyload from loading in rss and indexing bots with example code somehow got misunderstood into excluding lazyload from loading on certain menu ID & component ID. I tried to correct the misunderstanding and provided more example of what I actually asked for but was shot down saying that the plugin is good enough for the time being with the “new” misunderstood feature that I have no idea why anyone would need it.

Even the android problem that I have taken great extend to debugging and attempt to fix to the point where I even reinstall my entire site just to confirm an issue with firefox is now somewhat resolved and then left hanging in support ticket. The last reply was on the 4th of Oct, and I’ve replied 3 times with debugging info yet till date there is no reply.

I could go on and on… but I’m tired and I don’t think I will use another Joomlart template again after this experience. As for the extensions, I don’t have much faith in them because their turnaround time to fixing extensions is like a month or more. Problems with extensions are normally a deal breaking thing and the lack of ready fix is just enough to turn me away.

On the bright side for everyone else though, JA Wall 1.5 actually include alot of fix even though they were not mentioned in the changelog. It also include the incomplete android fix, pagination fix for compatibility with SEF plugins as well as some IE bugs. So, it’s actually ready to work right out of the box with minimal issue until you start doing customizations. All that’s left is the documentation which I don’t think will ever come. This can be somewhat solved, if all the solved threads are moved to the solved section but since they aren’t, it’s a bitch to find solutions for problems that others have asked before.

ozzymanson2 Friend

i think that all that complaints about bugs and errors isn’t so terrible and almost about things when people try to customize somethingin the Wall template.

i make a lot of changes – sometimes it works, sometimes – not. almost every issue were solved. if didn’t – it not so hard to make it by your own hands and slight knowing of css and php.

1 month for issue? it’s pretty good though. have some problems? you better look how much work did JA do and what opportunities didyou get whit this template.

and therefore if you want to customise – hire a programmer.

alicesharma Friend

For Removing Facebook comment, the delete button is simply there for removing the comment.

comedy clips

arucardx Friend

I believe OP said to remove the entire facebook comment box. Not the comments inside the box.

kjlarski JATC

Hi all-

So does anyone know how to delete an actual comment? There doesn’t seem to be an easy way to do this, or perhaps I’m just overlooking something. Any thoughts?

Best
    Kevin

kjlarski JATC

Hi all-

I posted a question about this earlier, and wanted to post my solution. It seems like if you want total control over moderation, then the best thing (at least from our research) is to comment out the Facebook script and install something like the below. This gives you really great control. So far – working extremely well.

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/social-web/social-comments/19269

Best,
    Kevin

Andrew Winkler Friend

You cannot deleted any Facebook comments, only Facebook can. If you delete a Facebook comment yourself, that will only affect your own Facebook account, not everyone else’s. So if you want a post to be deleted, the only way to get it removed is by reporting it to Facebook.

The problem with that is that Facebook moderators don’t necessarily have the same kind of views on how to balance freedom of speech with the sensitivities of some segments of the community. What is more, if you run a political website, many readers might not be comfortable with posting their comments on Facebook, in fact they might not have a Facebook account because of privacy concerns.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Winkler 11 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum