Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

how to remove FACEBOOK comment field under article?

I want to use a different social plugin

TomC Moderator

Have you checked your Plugin Manager for the Facebook plugin?

gbelli Friend

<em>@pixelitodesign 393646 wrote:</em><blockquote>how to remove FACEBOOK comment field under article?

I want to use a different social plugin</blockquote>

Go to Template Manager > Choose Default Template > General Tab > Click No for “Integrated Facebook Comment”

roolra Friend

hello
    i just try to disable facebook comments but didnt find such options

There no “GENERAL” tab inside template otrions,
    the only tabs is: Details, Advanced, Menus assignment

(i am using joomla 3.2)

Saguaros Moderator

Hi guys,

You can try to remove from code, open file: templatesja_wallhtmlcom_contentarticledefault.php

At the end of this file, comment or remove this line:

<div class="fb-comments" data-href="<?php echo JURI::getInstance()->toString(array('scheme', 'host', 'port')) . $this->item->readmore_link; ?>" data-num-posts="2" data-width="576"></div>

@rool_ra: this template is not available for Joomla 3.2 as we’re still in process of upgrading our templates to be compatible with this latest version. So, if you update to J!3.2, it may cause unexpected error, it’s recommended to rollback to previous working version till we release the updated versions.
    Regards

Vicky T Friend

I have it installed on Joomla 3.2, Please advice. Me too want it removed.

Saguaros Moderator

@vikramtri: did you try my suggestion above? the Facebook comment box can be hidden by commenting / removing this code:

<div class="fb-comments" data-href="<?php echo JURI::getInstance()->toString(array('scheme', 'host', 'port')) . $this->item->readmore_link; ?>" data-num-posts="2" data-width="576"></div>

in this file: templatesja_wallhtmlcom_contentarticledefault.php

Vicky T Friend

I was about to do that but your comment states that it may cause unexpected error, it’s recommended to rollback to previous working version till we release the updated versions. Even though i could not find anything linked that may impact if code is commented.

Will just go ahead and comment the code section, i did and it just works fine.

Thanks.

ibewguy Friend

Hello,

I tried to comment out the line in my php file and was unable too!! I am not sure why?? I am running the Wall on 3.3!!

Any insight into why would be appreciated!

Thank you

Saguaros Moderator

@ibewguy,

Did you try to disable the Joomla System cache plugin?

And this template is not ready for Joomla 3.3, we are still in progress of updating our templates to this new Joomla version.

ibewguy Friend

Thanks, but my wall seems fine on 3.3 – I have not had any issues so far…

I did delete the Facebook comment portion as you instructed above and have migrated over to the intense debate comment system. I added the script for the IntenseDebate comment system in the same location as the Facebook comment script. It works fine.

I did have a question about where to put the IntenseDebate script in my K2 content.

Thanks for your reply!

Saguaros Moderator

<blockquote>I did have a question about where to put the IntenseDebate script in my K2 content. </blockquote>

You would have a look at override folder of K2 component in JA Wall template: templatesja_wallhtmlcom_k2 . And depending on the template layout you’re using in your site, you can find the item.php file and add the script there.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 9 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum