Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello!
    I`ve got a Ja Social template and a Jomsocial component on it. Now, I want users to register without having to enter their emails. How to remove email and confirm email fields from Ja Login and have users registered automatically right after they enter their usernames and passwords? Please help.

khoand Friend

Hi,
    You remove this code from templatesja_socialhtmlmod_jalogindefault.php in the line #124

<tr>
    <td><label title="" class="hasTip required" for="jform_email1" id="jform_email1-lbl"><?php echo JText::_( 'Email' ); ?>:</label></td>
    <td><input type="text" size="30" class="inputbox required" value="" id="jform_email1" name="jform" /><span class="red">*</span></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td><label title="" class="hasTip required" for="jform_email2" id="jform_email2-lbl">
    <?php echo JText::_( 'Confirm email Address'); ?>:</label></td>
    <td><input type="text" size="30" class="inputbox required" value="" id="jform_email2" name="jform" /><span class="red">*</span></td>
    </tr>

evgen2011 Friend

Thanks! And that`s it? Users are registered automatically without confirmation email? And I understand this is not Jomsocial forum, but if you know please tell me: will registrations via Ja login and via Jomsocial be the same thing?

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    By standard logic, i don’t think remove email is good idea.
    Also with security reason. ( user can mass register and spamming ).
    But if really need , i suggest:
    – “display:none” for email fields.
    – use default value for email fields by some random email ( to prevent duplicated email for all users )

Thank you
    Viet Vu
    PS:// for jomsocial to do that you’ll need hack core / template. It’s not good way 🙂

evgen2011 Friend

Yes, I understand that, it`s just the client who wants to have users registered without emails entered. He wants to put captcha instead. Can it be done with Ja login, btw? With jomsocial it`ll be even bigger deal, right?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  evgen2011 12 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum