Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

How to remove comments from Facebook ?

Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

Hi pedrox,

May I know where you want to remove these Facebook comments?

prakash Friend
    pedrox Friend

I want to remove the plugin, but I can not find it. I installed “JFBConnect: Joomla Facebook” and now I have duplicate comments… :laugh:

Thanks

prakash Friend

well as far as I am aware as soon as you install some other component for comments / ja facebook automatically disables.

pedrox Friend

<em>@prbalge 334701 wrote:</em><blockquote>well as far as I am aware as soon as you install some other component for comments / ja facebook automatically disables.</blockquote>

In this case, no, and I got 2 boxes of comments from Facebook

pedrox Friend

However, this issue is irrelevant to me because I do not see many advantages in replacing the comment box, except for the fact of having no control over the existing system

Saguaros Moderator

Hi pedrox,

Did you try to install this JFBConnect: Joomla Facebook in other default template like Bee2 to check whether the issue still persist or not?

pedrox Friend

<em>@Saguaros 334764 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi pedrox,

Did you try to install this JFBConnect: Joomla Facebook in other default template like Bee2 to check whether the issue still persist or not?</blockquote>

The problem only happens with Ja Wall, when I change to a template Default only shows 1 comments box

Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

Hi again,

PM me admin and FTP account, I shall take a look at this issue for you.

pedrox Friend

<em>@Saguaros 334968 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi again,

PM me admin and FTP account, I shall take a look at this issue for you.</blockquote>

I have already sent several days ago

Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

Hi again,

I replied you in PM several days ago:

This is because, by default, articles in this template already included a fb comment box, you can disable it by opening file: /templates/ja_wall (your default template)/css/template.css
    At approx line 1680:

.fb-comments {
    clear: both;
    display: none; <<add this line.
    padding-top: 20px;
    }

Regards.

Aleksander Rangelov Friend

HI,
    How to remove FB comments in one article only?
    Regards!

arucardx Friend

Because the current facebook comment box that’s included in JA Wall for Joomla articles is added into blog_item.php as a code instead of plugin, there’s no way for you to disable it with any backend settings for just a category or single article.

Still, it’s possible to achieve what you want by creating a IF statement that looks for Menu ID or Item ID and exclude the facebook comment box script if it matches. That way, you are able to remove FB comments in only one article =)

Aleksander Rangelov Friend

Hi again,
    I can’t deal with this condition, and it’s very important for me, I guess and for many others. Please for a little help!
    Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 9 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum