Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I uninstalled the mod_search module and now i cant get it back. I tried installing again from the ja teline quickstart but i get the following error:

* Your Extension appears to be written for an older version of Joomla!. You must enable the System – Legacy Plugin in the Plugin Manager if you wish to complete this task.

any ideas?

histeriks Friend

fmedia;170466I uninstalled the mod_search module and now i cant get it back. I tried installing again from the ja teline quickstart but i get the following error:

* Your Extension appears to be written for an older version of Joomla!. You must enable the System – Legacy Plugin in the Plugin Manager if you wish to complete this task.

any ideas?

Hi fmedia,

please open your Joomla plugin manager and on the last page locate System – Legacy plugin. Enable it (this will enable you to install and run extensions made for Joomla 1.0X version) and then try to install again.

Good luck 🙂

fmedia Friend

thanks, i’ve managed to install it but now im receiving weird errors when i enable the module:

Warning: require_once(/home/znanost/public_html/modules/mod_search/helper.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/znanost/public_html/modules/mod_search/mod_search.php on line 18

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/home/znanost/public_html/modules/mod_search/helper.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/znanost/public_html/modules/mod_search/mod_search.php on line 18

it worked fine before.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear fmedia,

Please try to create a new search module. Go to Module Manager >> Click new >> select Search module and publish it to the position. This may work. You would not need legacy on for this.

Besides, i checked the Teline III Package (J 1.5), It does not have the mod_search module, i am not sure from where you re-installed.

Regards

Arvind

fmedia Friend

<em>@drarvindc 170623 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear fmedia,

Please try to create a new search module. Go to Module Manager >> Click new >> select Search module and publish it to the position. This may work. You would not need legacy on for this.

Besides, i checked the Teline III Package (J 1.5), It does not have the mod_search module, i am not sure from where you re-installed.

Regards

Arvind</blockquote>

i added it this way but still the same msg. could it be the problem because i removed the Weblinks exstension as well?

btw i installed from Quickstart dir in the teline .rar.

thanks

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear fmedia,

I dont know what you are doing coz there is no mod_search in teline distribution. Please forward me your login details via PM.

Arvind

fmedia Friend

teline contain the default joomla install so thats where i got it.. from the mod_search dir.

i PMed you the login info, please dont test on the main page, rather test on some category page. thank you

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear fmedia,

Thats not the way to install a module. You have to make a new one by going to module manager and then clicking on new on the right side top. I am checking your site now.

Arvind

fmedia Friend

<em>@drarvindc 170802 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear fmedia,

Thats not the way to install a module. You have to make a new one by going to module manager and then clicking on new on the right side top. I am checking your site now.

Arvind</blockquote>

i tried that way too.. same thing.

good luck.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

he he,

Yaa, i needed that good luck. :p. Forward me your ftp login please.

Arvind

fmedia Friend

ftp info sent 🙂

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear fmedia,

Check your site, Click on MAPA link at bottom and then look in the right for the search module. Let me know if its normal now.

Arvind

fmedia Friend

ahh cool man thanks. just curious what was the problem?

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear fmedia,

Never uninstall Joomla! Core Modules / plugins or anything. If you dont want to use it, just unpublish it. and Next time you plan to screw up your live site, take a back up :D.
    i uninstalled the module replaced by you and then reinstalled the module using module manager and replaced the files.

and remember, its template support forum :p. He he. Have fun and take backup before you crash your site.

Good Day

Regards

Arvind

TzuChi Foundation Friend

Hi, drarvindc

i got problem with mod_search in my live site recently.
    after i key in the “keywords” in search box.
    the result bring me weird link, and the search page and article link from there is all broken webpage.

it show me: (incorrect)
    www/index.php/images/resized/images/stories/images/news/2011/index.php?searchword=Kalutara&ordering=&searchphrase=all&op tion=com_search#content

instead (correct)
    www/index.php?searchword=Kalutara&ordering=&searchphra se=all&option=com_search#content

everytime the link is different although with the same keywords.

do you have any idea to fix it?
    i am newbie, not good in coding.
    i am using ja teline iii, joomla 1.5.15

very appreciate if you could help on this. thank you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TzuChi Foundation 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum