Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Joomla 3.62
    Purity iii version 1.17
    T3 Framework 2.61
    Layout: Corporate

What do I do, and where do I access the change necessary to reduce the large vertical space that exists between blocks? I’ve been studying this but I think I’m getting pretty close to messing things up. Fortunately the site is not live yet. Do I download (FTP) a file and alter it, then upload it? Or is this performed in the backend? Thank you for any guidance you can provide.

Fernando

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Kindly post your working site URL and a screenshot of the part in which you want to remove space

frioman Friend

I attached a PNG file. The web address is HurricaneContacts.com; however, it’s offline.

1. Block-Space

Fernando

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Kindly put the site online or share the login details via Private reply . So that i can check this issue .

frioman Friend

I changed the appearance of my page. Now I"m using the Masthead feature — in the previous screen shot I was using a custom module in position 1 to display the Hurricane Image and Company name, but I still have the same issue…reduce the vertical separation space between the blocks.

At minimum, I must change that white color to black — above and below the slide show eyes.

1. Screen-Capture

Fernando

frioman Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.

Fernando

Pankaj Sharma Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    frioman Friend

The Site is now live. HurricaneContacts.com
    I’m still interested in removing some of the space between the blocks, but even more I need to remove the white portion of the home page displayed in the attached image (or at minimum change the white to black #000000). Yes…remove space between blocks. Should I start a new post concerning the white space?

1. White-Space

Fernando

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi Add below code in /css/custom.css file

.corporate .slideshow {
        padding: 0px!important;
    }

Save and check.

frioman Friend

I’ve read https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:How_to_use_the_Template_Manager and https://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-templates/purity-iii but still don’t know where to find and edit the css/custom.css file?

Do I find it using FTP and download the file, or can it be found through the backend through extensions/template?
    Development mode is set to off. Thememagic is set to on.

I’ve have a some experience manipulating files and uploading them via FTP, but not sure what to do here? Thanks.

Fernando

frioman Friend

I don’t know where to find /css/custom.css
    Do I FTP and find the file, or use the backend working with the templates?
    Thank you. The site is live and I’d like to get rid of the space and turn the white portion on the previous attachment to black.

Fernando

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Go to
    /templates/Purityiii/css/custom.css file
    If file is not present then create it and add the code .

frioman Friend

I tried this, but unfortunately it didn’t work. The file custom.css didn’t exist so I created it and included the code above. I uploaded it to /templates/Purityiii/css/custom.css. I deleted the cache on the back end just in case, but it didn’t change anything. Thank you for trying. If you have any other ideas, please let me know. Thank you.

Fernando

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Kindly add the code again with a dot before class
    Like this

.corporate .slideshow {
        padding: 0px!important;
    }

frioman Friend

That worked for eliminating the top white space between the slider and Masthead. Thank you.

Fernando

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  frioman 7 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum