Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Forgive me, my first post being new to your product (convert from Gavick) I am transitioning well, but wanted to create a promo like the one you guys use for "Free Designer Studio" which I honestly thought was part of the template! So a simple css style image that is positioned as an absolute image at the edge of the template then activated full width on mouse hover. But I was not able to find any way of adding such a module without it being overwritten by template code. In all the available module positions absolute was restricted to inside the designated module or mouse hover was lost.
    I ended up hard wiring an extra module to the header.php block code which seems an extreme move and even then I had to add some extra css to remove .jmoddiv .jmodinside style added whenever I moused over the module.
    So my question is what would be the recommended way? Needing to add sticky popup stuff must be a general need and I did not see any tips or solutions to this problem?? Is there some module class suffix or something that will let a module have full control over the page?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

Could you illustrate the modification you expected via screenshots? it would be easy to understand and suggest you further.

ukphotoguy Friend

Ok but my question was really generic, how to add a module that was not badly affected by the template so it could use absolute position to put a popup anyplace on the screen.
    The screen shot would be any of your templates demo pages because I now see you add the sticky popup for the "Free Designer Studio". Bit tacky adding adverts onto a template demo. As I said, stupid me thoughth it was part of the template so now commited to adding it.
    I ended up adding this code to the header.php file mentioned.
    <?php if ($this->countModules(‘absolute’)) : ?>
    <div id="absolute">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="absolute" style="clear" />

<?php endif; ?>
    I can share you a link to the test site if it was not public.

1. designer
    Saguaros Moderator

I think it will depend on the module you used, you can seek for a suitable extension supporting this feature, it often has option to show sticky bar on the left or right side, not depend on the position.

ukphotoguy Friend

Lets just end this, no reply needed. Perhaps its language, perhaps workload, but I thought I was clear. I have a solution but my whole point was I needed to add a unique new module position in order to get past the many changes the template makes to content placed in any of your native module positions.
    My original question, which somehow you do not address, was that there does not seem to be a way of adding ANY module, one I write or one I download, that has full access to use the absolute position capability needed to make a sticky popup mouse activated. I looked at other forum posts and they too seem to suggest difficulty with this feature on T3 templates.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

Sorry if my reply was not clear enough. In T3 framework, you can create new position the same way as Joomla default. If you want it sticky on sidebar, it will require heavy work on JS/CSS so in my above reply, I suggest you seek for suitable extension supporting that feature. It would be easier.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum