Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am integrating EasySocial and JA Social ii

I made a complete copy of:

public_html/components/com_easysocial/themes/wireframe

and placed it:

public_html/templates/ja_social_ii/html/com_easysocial

I’ve made a lot of customizations, for example the toolbar, users directory (for user listing), customized emails, etc.

What I would like to know is, whenever there is a JA Social upgrade in the future, will it be overwritten? Are my customizations safe here?

If not, could you please tell me where, or how I should implement my customizations so they are upgrade-proof?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    The details should not be override as template does not comes with the themes files for easysocial except notifications .
    But please take a backup of public_html/templates/ja_social_ii/html/com_easysocial Folder before upgrading the template so if there is any problem u can replace your custom folder in it .

Do not forget to take site backup before doing any major updates .

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    The details should not be override as template does not comes with the themes files for easysocial except notifications .
    But please take a backup of public_html/templates/ja_social_ii/html/com_easysocial Folder before upgrading the template so if there is any problem u can replace your custom folder in it .

Do not forget to take site backup before doing any major updates .

meyoik Friend

Thanks, fingers crossed we don’t have any problems!

But if you say it, it should be alright 🙂 😉

meyoik Friend

Thanks, fingers crossed we don’t have any problems!

But if you say it, it should be alright 🙂 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  meyoik 8 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum