Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

<em>@PGLion 51775 wrote:</em><blockquote>Before Teline II I used the mod_avreloaded and it worked just fine. After using this new template I have some allignment problems. Here my settings:

Module:
    Module Class Suffix: _media
    Media Code: {youtube}video_id{/youtube}

Plugin:
    Container class: allvideos
    Master video width: 340
    Master video height: 235
    Video alignment: Centered

Now the video is alligned properly but the video is too small. When adjusting the width the video wanders to the right, how can I prevent this? I want a big video centered alligned.</blockquote>

Well if nobody can’t answer the question above. Maybe someone can post this for me:

– Screenshot of your mod_avreloaded settings
    – Eventually a copy of your playlist (if you are using this).
    – Screenshot of your Content – AllVideos Reloaded (plugin manager)

nigelta Friend

What I did to resize mine was to set it to 330 x 264 in the allvideo plugin manager. I worked out the sizes by setting up a new file in photoshop using the default size listed in the parameters then gradually altered the width (the height automatically scales) until it fitted into the template.

A bit long winded I know but I have used this method successfully in the past and the results always look right 🙂

The size above should work with this template though so I might have saved you a little time 😉

Hope this helps

Nigel

PGLion Friend

Thanks for the tip Nigel! This is a great way to constrain the proportions. It didn’t solve my problem completely because it is still not filling the entire column and the height is too much. But I leave it this way.

guanajuato Friend

Thak you! It was very good explained.

http://www.guanajuatocapital.com/guanajuato

mfcphil Friend

Guanajuato

Your SITE link has a warning from MacAfee

jhazzi Friend

assadniang,

I’m trying to follow this thread. I have done what you suggested and thankfully, it got rid of the cat and car videos. I am not fond of cats! 😮

My question, after this is done, to upload videos, what’s to be done? Just upload them to videos folder and they’ll play from there now that I have changed the file extension to xml?

Thanks.

lamannkj Friend

Similar to many of these posts, I was confused on how to link to existing video as well. I think a large part of the confusion is within the AllVideos docs, it says to use tags such as {google}ID{google}. To integrate with this theme, you must use the end tag of {/google} in the Media Code within the mod_avreloaded module in order to get it to work properly.

Hope this helps. Reply to this if you need more clarification.

Thanks,
    Kevin

jhazzi Friend

<em>@lamannkj 63112 wrote:</em><blockquote>Similar to many of these posts, I was confused on how to link to existing video as well. I think a large part of the confusion is within the AllVideos docs, it says to use tags such as {google}ID{google}. To integrate with this theme, you must use the end tag of {/google} in the Media Code within the mod_avreloaded module in order to get it to work properly.

Hope this helps. Reply to this if you need more clarification.

Thanks,
    Kevin</blockquote>

Kevin, thank you kindly! 🙂 This is a challenging feat for a nonprogrammer/techie but I’m a determined person. I’m still unsure. If I understood you correctly, what is pasted below is correct?

{auto height=”300″ displayheight=”235″}playlist.xml{/google}

{/google} replaced {/auto}

Therefore with this change, I can upload the videos and they should play? I have to find some first appropriate for my site. :-[ Actually, I’ll be displaying videos of speakers etc and my own, hopefully, in the near future.

It was kind of you to respond. Thanks again.

Jhazzzzzzzi

lamannkj Friend

No problem… hope I can help. I’m new to this as well, so I’m trying to shine some more light on all of this. I’ve searched through so many docs, and was unable to find anything that was a good step-by-step instruction.

I haven’t started messing around with the playlist functionality yet, however for starters, just try getting one video to post.

1) Go to the Media Code textbox in the AllVideos module.
    2) Use this format, where VideoSource is whatever you’re pulling the video from (Google, Youtube, etc). ID is whatever AllVideos defines as ID. Their documentation does a pretty good job describing this.

{VideoSource Width = “300” Height = “235”}ID{/VideoSource}

So I used this just to see if it worked..

{youtube width=”300″ height=”235″}W53W_zOwG4k{/youtube}

That worked… so try that and see if it works for ya. Good luck! 😉

Let me know if you need any more clarification.

Thanks!!
    Kevin

jhazzi Friend

Ok, Kevin . . . mobile tricks videos from YouTube? I don’t think they were there before so it’s working!!!
    I now would like to learn how to upload one at a time. I will be featuring DVD’s of speakers. I am using the other module that’s tabbed YouTube for those type of videos. I want to personalize it, if you will, with member videos.

You did great with little knowledge. My brain is on overload too from reading this thread and elsewhere. I think I’ll make it an early night. Turn in my midnight at least.

Enjoy a lovely evening . . . wherever you are. 🙂 Thanks again!

Jhazzi!

lamannkj Friend

Glad it’s working. Yeah, random video from YouTube… it was the first one I clicked on… kinda an interesting concept though with the holograms coming from the mobile phone. Sure it’s viral marketing, but still would be kinda cool.

What do you mean by loading one video at a time? You can do that by just replacing whatever link is in the Media Code. So if you see a video on DVDs in Google video, just use that ID per AllVideo’s documentation, and keep the same tagging structure, and it should work.

Have a good night!
    K

jhazzi Friend

Yes, halogram via mobile phone, way kewl!

Loading one at a time? When clients send me their videos, promos etc. I will need to know how to upload them. They won’t come from Google, YouTube etc. That’s what I mean. See, I’m so green at this. I’m trying to wrap my mind around it. Perhaps, they would all be placed in a file and the file name would be the code, keeping the same tagging structure (as you so technically astute stated.) *giggle*

I am too tired to even remember my middle name! LOL (It’s Erin by the way) But I am pooped!

You have a goodnight too, K.

J

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

This topic contains 27 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  jhazzi 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum