Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I am not sure how to put data on the tabs.

I have assigned modules to the positions: top, user1, user2, user5, user6

The tab heading shows up, but nothing appears inside the box.

When I pull up my page in IE7, when I click on the tab headings, I get a Javascript error:

Line: 141
    Char: 3
    Error: ‘this.fxa[…]’ is null or not an object
    Code: 0

Other than that, nothing happens.

When I pull up the same page in Firefox 2, I can click on the tab headings and and not get a JS error, but still nothing happens.

Thanks in advance for the help!

ShannonN Friend

hightouchinc;10028I am not sure how to put data on the tabs.

I have assigned modules to the positions: top, user1, user2, user5, user6

The tab heading shows up, but nothing appears inside the box.

When I pull up my page in IE7, when I click on the tab headings, I get a Javascript error:

Line: 141
    Char: 3
    Error: ‘this.fxa[…]’ is null or not an object
    Code: 0

Other than that, nothing happens.

When I pull up the same page in Firefox 2, I can click on the tab headings and and not get a JS error, but still nothing happens.

Thanks in advance for the help!

I need a live site URL please so i can test
    ShannonN

hightouchinc Friend

Unfortunately, this is a proof-of-concept machine that I’m working on, so the box is only connected to our internal network. There’s no way to get to it from cyberland.

Is there anything in particular you’re looking for? I could send you screen shots if you’ll tell me what you need.

ShannonN Friend

hightouchinc;10042Unfortunately, this is a proof-of-concept machine that I’m working on, so the box is only connected to our internal network. There’s no way to get to it from cyberland.

Is there anything in particular you’re looking for? I could send you screen shots if you’ll tell me what you need.

I understand you situation, there’s not a lot screenies will do for me, a live url lets me use my installed browsers which I know work well and have Active X javascript enabled latest updates etc

I’m sure you understand, if it works for me then it is something your end perhaps some option not enabled in IE7 etc etc
    Thinking out aloud here …. after you populate tab with the name of the page etc you add the link to that page normally, Sometimes if that page is not yet created etc you put a false js call in the url field (#) which is an null link and when clicked just returns nothing and refreshes the page, allowing you to test the tab etc.

if you have done that perhaps IE7 spits on null urls, populate with a real url and see if the error still occurs? Sorry if I’m guessing but without a live site it really is trial and error

Hope this gives you soething to hunt for/go on
    ShannonN

hightouchinc Friend

Thank you for the tips. I’ll see what I can do about getting it posted to an accessible URL.

hightouchinc Friend

[QUOTE=
    I’m sure you understand, if it works for me then it is something your end perhaps some option not enabled in IE7 etc etc
    Thinking out aloud here …. after you populate tab with the name of the page etc you add the link to that page normally, Sometimes if that page is not yet created etc you put a false js call in the url field (#) which is an null link and when clicked just returns nothing and refreshes the page, allowing you to test the tab etc.

if you have done that perhaps IE7 spits on null urls, populate with a real url and see if the error still occurs? Sorry if I’m guessing but without a live site it really is trial and error
    </blockquote>

Shannon,

Until I’m able to get my website somewhere you can view, maybe you can just point me in the right direction. I want to make sure I’ve got things set up the way they’re supposed to be.

Tab #1 (Today Movie) = position “top”
    Tab #2 (Today Game) = position “user5”
    Tab #3 (Statistics) = positions “user1” or “user2” or “user6”
    Tab #4 (Our Sponsors) = position “banner”

In the admin area, just to put some data on those tabs, I’ve assigned the following modules:
    position “top” = module “latest news”
    position “user5” = module “who’s online”
    position “user2” – module “world time”
    position “banner” – banners, of course 🙂

All modules listed here are set to display on all pages.

Does it sound like I’ve set it up correctly?

Sorry to be such an idiot about this.

Thanks!
    Rhonda

ShannonN Friend

hightouchinc;11246Shannon,

Until I’m able to get my website somewhere you can view, maybe you can just point me in the right direction. I want to make sure I’ve got things set up the way they’re supposed to be.

Tab #1 (Today Movie) = position “top”
    Tab #2 (Today Game) = position “user5”
    Tab #3 (Statistics) = positions “user1” or “user2” or “user6”
    Tab #4 (Our Sponsors) = position “banner”

In the admin area, just to put some data on those tabs, I’ve assigned the following modules:
    position “top” = module “latest news”
    position “user5” = module “who’s online”
    position “user2” – module “world time”
    position “banner” – banners, of course 🙂

All modules listed here are set to display on all pages.

Does it sound like I’ve set it up correctly?

Sorry to be such an idiot about this.

Thanks!
    Rhonda

HI Rhonda
    sent you a PM, basically I have set up a demo site with the Pluto dark template loaded and given you superadmin access on my server etc so we can test and play till our hearts content 🙂 that way I can see a live url?

Cheers ShannonN

ShannonN Friend

Don’t ya just hate it when ppl ask for help and never come back to check for replies?

ShannonN

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ShannonN 16 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum