Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

What’s the best way to place the Search-Box on the right side of the Main-Menu?

(*see image)

1. menu-search
    Adam M Moderator

Hi @sobe,

To put a search module there, you will have to open file root_foldertemplatesja_teline_vtplsblocksmainnav.php, add new module position there (see instruction here) with appropriate CSS code to align this block.

sobe Friend

Hi Adam,
    Thanks for helping. The link you provided, however, is a bit complex. Can you clarify what code I should edit?

Adam M Moderator

Hi @sobe,

Please provide your site url with temporary FTP account so I can check this matter for you.

sobe Friend

Hi Adam,
    My site has yet to be uploaded, but the menu and template layout is the same as the demo. Can you figure it out from the demo or another installation? I can try to upload the site otherwise, but I’m reaching my host account’s capacity and have yet to figure out best solution.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @sobe,

Please try following these steps :

1. Open file templatesja_teline_vtplsblocksmainnav.php and look for this code :

<div class="t3-navbar navbar-collapse collapse">
    <jdoc:include type="<?php echo $this->getParam('navigation_type', 'megamenu') ?>" name="<?php echo $this->getParam('mm_type', 'mainmenu') ?>" />
    </div>

update as below :

<div class="t3-navbar navbar-collapse collapse">
    <?php if ($this->countModules('custom-search')) : ?>
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('custom-search') ?>" style="raw" />
    <?php endif ?>
    <jdoc:include type="<?php echo $this->getParam('navigation_type', 'megamenu') ?>" name="<?php echo $this->getParam('mm_type', 'mainmenu') ?>" />
    </div>

2. Then open file templatesja_teline_vtemplateDetails.xml and look for this code :

<position>languageswitcherload</position>

add 1 more position as below :

<position>languageswitcherload</position>
    <position>custom-search</position>

3. Open file /templates/ja_teline_v/css/custom.css (if you don’t have this file, just create a new one) then add this code :

.module-search {
    float: right;
    width: auto;
    }
    .t3-megamenu {
    float: left;
    }

4. Then navigate to Extensions >>> Module Manager >>> put module Search in position “custom-search

sobe Friend

Thanks Adam, that worked perfectly!

andbeyond Friend

I am trying to apply this solution to the T3_bs3_blank template. I have followed the steps above but the module is not displaying. Are there any additional steps I need to follow for the T3_bs3_blank template.
    Current Joomla version is 3.4.8.

Ninja Lead Moderator

@andbeyond: Please post the URL of your site here. I will help you to check this directly on your site.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 8 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum