Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

OK a ‘Full Banner‘ is 468x60px (Same size as Joomlas default banner module). We’re going to place one in the Header area of Teline III like so….

Ok so first thing we need to do is move the search module out of there. We could put it to the far right of the Pathway but I’m going to add it to Mega-Menu at top right.

Open the Search module in the Module Manager and select ‘mega-item‘ in the positions box and set Show Title to YES (This is important!). Click ‘Apply‘. Change the ‘Order‘ list to where you want the Search link to be and click ‘Save‘.

Now open your template.css file and on line 209 find:

#ja-search {
    float:right;
    margin-top:20px;
    }

and change to:

#ja-search {
    float:right;
    margin:0;
    }

Now Open your Module Manger and click New. Select ‘Banner‘ and Save.

This will open your new banner in the Module Manager. For this tutorial we’ll just use a Joomla Banner.

Give the module a title and select Show Title: NO. In the positions box type ‘search‘. We could create a new position or rename the search position but for this tutorial we won’t bother :P. Set Menu Assignment to ALL (if you wish).

In the settings on the right… For Count: set to 1, for Banner Client select Open Source and set Category: to Joomla Promo. For Randomise set it to ‘sticky, randomise‘ and your done.

SHoggard Friend

Hi Scotty,
    I followed instructions (above) Yesterday – thanks for the advice.

Problem:- Today my site has lost it’s Header (logo) ….. I swear it was there when I went to bed last night!

http://packwebasia.com/next/

HELP!!! 😉

scotty Friend

Looks to me like it’s still there…….?

Manos Moderator

Yeap, it’s still there!

SHoggard Friend

That’s odd… I’ve just heard from another colleague that she’s seeing it also… but I’m not!

I’m on FFox… ho hum – best just ignore it – thanks

scotty Friend

clear your cache

ergohost Friend

God at his computer

1. images
    SHoggard Friend

ergohost…. naw that can’t be right…. god uses a Mac & never has to use the F5 key

kalibs112 Friend

<em>@scotty 146980 wrote:</em><blockquote>clear your cache</blockquote>

Thanx Scotty…This banner thing has been doing my head…ta m8..

perdu Friend

Only problem I have is that with flash banners the megamenu loads behind the flash, is this a z-index thingy? it takes a feat of genius to login 😀

ergohost Friend

<em>@perdu 147108 wrote:</em><blockquote>Only problem I have is that with flash banners the megamenu loads behind the flash, is this a z-index thingy? it takes a feat of genius to login :D</blockquote>

Heh, yes, probably z-index, I noticed a similar issue but not focused on it yet, busy experimenting with other things first, find the value in the css file and try modifying it.

scotty Friend

flash ignores the z-index and is on a special layer that is always in front. You need to change the WMODE of the flash. Try windowed or opaque I think. Should be in the embed script or if your using an extension it may be int he parameters.

ergohost Friend

<em>@scotty 147150 wrote:</em><blockquote>flash ignores the z-index and is on a special layer that is always in front. You need to change the WMODE of the flash. Try windowed or opaque I think. Should be in the embed script or if your using an extension it may be int he parameters.</blockquote>

Great, I’ll check that out, never had to deal with a flash issue like that before so its good to know, I think I noticed if I try the hellome module from jomsocial in a mega-item position something similar to the problem described was occuring in Opera, although it wasnt so much visual, it just seemed the module was disappearing even though I was mouseover the layer, will have to check it out in more detail come the time.

didima Friend

this was very good man;)

zorroh Friend

custom banner code, works for me
    <div id=layer1 style="margin: 0;

padding: 0px;

text-align: center;

overflow: hidden;

width: 100%;

border-top: 0px; z-index:1;">
    <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="371" height="55">
    <param name="movie" value="movie.swf">
    <param name="quality" value="high">
    <param name="wmode" value="opaque">
    <embed src="http://mydomain.com/images/banners/movie.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="371" height="55" wmode="opaque"></embed></object>
    </div>

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  padunic 14 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum