Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I want to use K2 posts in my news sections, not just the blog. However, I don’t like the “bloggy” look of the “blog” K2 design (the date “tab” just isn’t professional-looking.) I’d rather find a K2 post design that more matches the Teline IV articles (like the K2 “Sample Category IV”) – how do I use that format with K2? Thanks.

soundbeat Friend

Me too, I want to use K2 to get the same news presentation than the standard one. How can it be configured?

Saguaros Moderator

Hello

The teline iv template supports k2 component, simple you only access that category ‘s configuration to switch to use other template.

ithacaindy Friend

<em>@soundbeat 211686 wrote:</em><blockquote>Me too, I want to use K2 to get the same news presentation than the standard one. How can it be configured?</blockquote>

The solution turns out to be rather straightforward, and one I’m using for our news site. In K2, create a new category and pick “category iv” (or another non-blog K2 category). From that point on, all of your news articles will inherit the style of that non-blog K2 category.

soundbeat Friend

I’ve done that, and selected the “Default” for an article category in K2.

But it doesn’t look like at all like the other after when you compare.

There’s no grey zone at the top with the feature article

ithacaindy Friend

Here’s what I did, step-by-step:

1. Created new category (named “News”) in K2.
    2. Parent category: none
    3. Inherit Parameter Options from Category: Sample Category IV

B. In “Parameters” on right-side of the category creation screen:

1. Select a template: Use Default

C. Import your Joomla news articles into the K2 side and change the parent category to match your K2 “News” category.
    D. Under Extensions/Module Manager, open the JA News Module(s).
    1. Pick K2 as your source and then the “News” category. The children categories attached to “News” (such as “Sports”) will automatically be picked-up.
    2. Clean the cache and click on a frontpage story. You should get your K2 articles styled in the usual Teline IV appearance.

soundbeat Friend

Thanks for the tips 🙂

Still something I don’t understand, when I go in the category let say “Music”, I see all the the news well placed, except there’s a grey box up with a folder with the category description. If I want the featured news of the category there instead, How can I do that?

Css Magician Friend

Dear soundbeat,

Would your like follow my steps:

1) Go to admin page and Open your category: “Music”.
    2) Set “Leading count” : 1
    3) Set “Columns for leading” : 1
    4) add the style to k2.css

.catItemView.groupLeading {
    background: #F0F0F0;
    border: 1px solid #DDDDDD;
    margin: 4px 0;
    padding: 10px;
    }

soundbeat Friend

Thanks Duchh,

It is showing a bit like I want but not exactly like without using K2. I don’t see images also.

I’m looking for the same layout than the original, but using K2

Css Magician Friend

Dear soundbeat,

Sory , I don’t understand. My solution is using K2 that you want. I have just created a new ticket on your behalf: OBV-511-98585

Please open the ticket and update your site access information, clarify the issue you are facing as well then our devs will diagnose and get it fixed asap for you.

For information on best security practices, and frequently asked questions about sharing access with JoomlArt support, kindly refer to the knowledgebase article at: http://support.joomlart.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/3/0/providing-joomlart-with-access-to-your-site-or-server

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Css Magician 13 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum