Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi, I noticed the template is overwriting the Joomla config values for the description and keywords. Where can I change them to the right ones? for Cloris, it is displaying:

<meta name=”keywords” content=”Joomla 2.5 template, Joomla 2.5 templates, Joomla 2.5 craft templates, Joomla 2.5 typography templates” />
    <meta name=”description” content=”Enjoy the beautiful typography with JA Cloris Joomla 2.5 Template!” />

thanks.

pavit Moderator

Hi

You need to check or edit again the default.php file in this folder pluginssystemjat3jat3base-themesdefaultpage

you can create a new folder called page in your templates dir and copy the default.php file in that folder and makes your changes there.

swissa Friend

Hi luthien, Hi Pavit,

If I may make an alternative suggestion quickly?

It looks like with all the new 2.5 templates Joomlart has added meta data to the home page. If you go to the home menĂ¼ item, click on the metadata options you can either clear what is there or edit it to your own.

đŸ™‚

pavit Moderator

<em>@swissa 306796 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi luthien, Hi Pavit,

If I may make an alternative suggestion quickly?

It looks like with all the new 2.5 templates Joomlart has added meta data to the home page. If you go to the home menĂ¼ item, click on the metadata options you can either clear what is there or edit it to your own.

:)</blockquote>

The solution offered above gives to the user a complete control over the meta tags showed on the Home and more gives to the user a new way to manage the same tags and teaching user to learn something useful for next eventually issues.

vladz1000rr Friend

i changed the meta tags and description in the home page but it still doesn’t change on google.

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@vladz1000rr 319753 wrote:</em><blockquote>i changed the meta tags and description in the home page but it still doesn’t change on google.</blockquote>

It takes time for Google to crawl and update your website with the new meta tags.
    I suggest that either you submit the URL again or wait for Google to update your site.

You can also check the status on the webmaster tool as well.

Good luck!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum