Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Before at all, i read all the guides about the T3 Framework.

I want to override some VirtueMart modules, by changing the code in the files, and i want this files to be included in the template that i am coding.

For example when the end user installs the template, i want that all the VirtueMart modules that are in the HTML folder of the template will override the default ones from the Joomla! installation.

I read the post “Create your own module/component HTML override” in “JA T3 Framework 2.0 Customization FAQs“, but the explication there is referring to overriding a standard module of Joomla! that exist in the core of the JAT3 plugin.

What about the modules and files that doesn’t exist in the core of the JAT3 plugin and are third party extensions?

How should i override this?

What about if i want to override just one file from a component how do i will proceed?

Thank you for your patience.

Khanh Le Moderator

Do you try to override those modules by putting your work on template html folder? Basicly, modules layout overriden in T3v2 works the same as other templates.

piratex Friend

Yes, i put my work in the html folder, but it doesn’t work that way, it seems.

This is all i have to do? Maybe i do something wrong in the process.

So, your advice is that all the code that i want to override from a third party extension, should i put it in the html folder of the template, and that it?

I don’t have to do something else?

Khanh Le Moderator

Is that your override works on other template?

piratex Friend

After trying with my override work in an clean installation of the JA_T3_BLANK template,

I take a random module, for example from k2, the mod_k2_login, and place it in the html folder of the JA_T3_BLANK template.

I change some code in it, and load the page in the browser. The changes doesn’t appear.

I believe that T3V2 framework is k, but i don’t know what i am doing wrong.

Khanh Le Moderator

I mean that you should try to use your override work with a non-t3v2 template (eg. default joomla template) to check if it works. If it still does not work, so you should contact the module author to get more advices.

piratex Friend

I test my overrides in the Beez template, and it doesn’t work.

I tried overrides for the mod_k2_login and for mod_virtuemart_login.

Neither one of the overrides are working in neither one of the templates (Beez or Jat3_blank), instead, the overrides of the Joomla! standard modules are working just fine in everyone of the specified templates above.

I will continue my research to see were is the problem, and soon as i find out the answer, i will post it in these tread.

Thanks Khanh le for your support.

Trimud Friend

Hi piratex.

As Virtuemart is not MVC component or any of it’s modules You can’t override it.
    About mod_k2_login You should put Your overrides here: templates/ja_t3_blank/html/mod_k2_login

piratex Friend

<em>@Trimud 192023 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi piratex.

As Virtuemart is not MVC component or any of it’s modules You can’t override it.
    About mod_k2_login You should put Your overrides here: templates/ja_t3_blank/html/mod_k2_login</blockquote>

Thanks Trimud,

I didn’t know, that VirtueMart is not an MVC component. How stupid i was, i should have think about this.:laugh:

I don’t know what to say about mod_k2_login, because i didn’t succeed on override, neither in Beeze template, neither in JA_T3_Blank.

I know what is MVC, but how can i check if the component, module, plugin is MVC.

Thanks again.

I also give you a thank you for this answer.

korb Friend

Virtuemart 1.5 is comin, and it is MVC. But it is almost beta so far…

piratex Friend

<em>@korb 192158 wrote:</em><blockquote>Virtuemart 1.5 is comin, and it is MVC. But it is almost beta so far…</blockquote>

Good info.

Thanks.

Trimud Friend

<em>@korb 192158 wrote:</em><blockquote>Virtuemart 1.5 is comin, and it is MVC. But it is almost beta so far…</blockquote>

In an year or two maybe? 🙂

piratex Friend

<em>@Trimud 192601 wrote:</em><blockquote>In an year or two maybe? :)</blockquote>

Let’s hope it will not be so long.

It’s bad practice to make the override’s in an another package, external to the template.:p

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  piratex 13 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum