Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Also in an ideal world JA would stop using addthis for social icons, it’s really quite pointless because all the link does is lead to the FB, Twitter, Pinterest page where it would really help if it was just icons and we can link locally. I mean what is even the point in doing it with addthis, it has no added benefit and if you use it you’ll get.

However JA aren’t all bad because the CSS and JS are always optimizable and minifying html always works too. I have a site built on Purity 3 and check out my results,

Reducing the server response time is a weird one, I have built a site on Uber and it’s not giving the error “reduce server response time” and it has more plugins, images, modules than my Purity 3 site and also my Purity 3 has the current top hosting plan at Siteground GoGeek and the one built on Uber has the lowest Siteground hosting.

Oh and the only other problem before I can get 100/100 is the leverage browser caching for Google Analytics which I’m going to do through php and cron jobs eventually when I have time. 🙂

1. 0b5a61f500
    2. 80536ec694
    jooservices Friend

Hi there
    # About Google fonts with | for single request. I’ll inspect T3 and reply with solution
    # About Google Pagespeed as mentioned above. I didn’t mean it’s not important, i only said it’s can use as reference only.
    Site optimize will need combine more than that.
    For basic sample. With pagespeed we only have one css request file and file size: 100KB.
    But if we understand root cause and want to do real thing about optimize we can reduce above css file from 100KB to 50KB ( for sample ). That’s real meaning about optimizing !
    Same for js.
    And at server size if we can do much thing with Apache / PHP / MySQL optimize . It’ll much improve for process and respond time.

Google Pagespeed can’t check these thing ( in detail ).
    # About addthis . Actually you can decide use it or not. It just like one of basic script “easy to use” 🙂

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    # About Google fonts with | for single request. I’ll inspect T3 and reply with solution
    # About Google Pagespeed as mentioned above. I didn’t mean it’s not important, i only said it’s can use as reference only.
    Site optimize will need combine more than that.
    For basic sample. With pagespeed we only have one css request file and file size: 100KB.
    But if we understand root cause and want to do real thing about optimize we can reduce above css file from 100KB to 50KB ( for sample ). That’s real meaning about optimizing !
    Same for js.
    And at server size if we can do much thing with Apache / PHP / MySQL optimize . It’ll much improve for process and respond time.

Google Pagespeed can’t check these thing ( in detail ).
    # About addthis . Actually you can decide use it or not. It just like one of basic script “easy to use” 🙂

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

gringo211985 Friend

Hi @jooservices

Thanks for looking into it, much appreciated. Combining fonts on one line I would say is a good option, but not as good as loading the fonts from within the template itself as we can then cache and use CDN if we desire and it will be quicker than external fonts.

I get the whole reducing the file size and inlining styles is a good method and of course remove and styling that you aren’t using, I’d say there’s always a good portion of the typography CSS I could remove as example.

As to the “reducing server response time” are you suggesting that I need to optimize mysql, php and apache to remove this error?

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    In Uber please check out
    templatesubertplsblockshead.php

<!-- GOOGLE FONTS-->
    <link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto:400,300,400italic,700,700italic' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>
    <!--// GOOGLE FONTS -->

Modify it as your needed.
    Beside that you can check T3 document about Fonts also.

http://www.t3-framework.org/documentation/bs3-customization.html
    Add/install new fonts

About local fonts. Yes. In basic logic it’s good . But in this case we can’t do that because it’s …. Google Fonts 🙂 .
    But yes, you can stop use Google Fonts .

About server side optimize, you’ll need sysadmin to work on it. It’s bit hard job.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  gringo211985 8 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum