Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,

I’ve moved the ja social search module position using CSS so that it looks like it is inside the jomsocial toolbar.

I’m currently using a layout with ‘left’ , ‘center’ and ‘right’ with Joomla 2.5.4 and JA Social 2.5.1.

The problem is that the system message appears inside the inner “mass content top” position so the jomsocial toolbar is pushed lower and the search module now looks like it is half overlapping the system message (only when the system message appears).

Please can someone let me know how to move the system message to the ‘main’ area ABOVE the ‘inner content’ area so that it does not effect the inner content area?

I have attached a screenshot to demonstrate what I mean.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards.

1. system-error-message
    tonyzee Friend

I’ve been thinking about this and I don’t actually think that it will help because the search box is positioned in the same place using CSS so it will overlap no matter what.

No need for an answer, I need to think more about how I am going to get this to work. Thanks anwyays.

chavan Friend

Hi

1. You could copy plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/page/default.php to templates/ja_social/page (if page folder isn’t exists, just create it).
    2. Open copied file and move block code

<?php echo $this->loadBlock ('message') ?>

inside content mass top
    3. Save file & clean T3 cache. Surf to your site.

Thanks,

1. EGP-444-13794
    tonyzee Friend

Hi Do Ha,

Thanks so much for your suggestion. It is a brilliant suggestion that didn’t occur to me. If I place the message BELOW the toolbar in the content mass top position then the search box won’t be affected.

I’ve tried your suggestion however the system message is not displaying at all now.

Do I need to make any adjustments to other files, such as perhaps in the layout?

This is how my default.php file looks:

<?php //content-mass-top
    if($this->hasBlock('content-mass-top')) :
    $block = &$this->getBlockXML ('content-mass-top');
    ?>
    <div id="ja-content-mass-top" class="ja-mass ja-mass-top clearfix">
    <?php $this->showBlock ($block); ?>
    </div>
    <?php
    endif; ?>

Thanks again.

chavan Friend

As you see, there is an if condition to check whether content-mass-top is describe in layout or not. So I think your site layout don’t describe the content-mass-top, so you should describe it.

http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_Framework_2/Guides#Enabling_mass_positions

I hope it helps!

tonyzee Friend

Hi Do Ha,

I’ve made some progress. I have added the block to the layout however I have an issue when I display the message:

1) When the message appears for the jomsocial component the menu bar is actually part of the component and not seperately displayed in a module position so in this scenario the message still appears above the component and pushes the alignment.

When I change the order of the code like follows below then nothing is displayed:

<div id="ja-content-mass-top" class="ja-mass ja-mass-top clearfix">
    <?php $this->showBlock ($block); ?>

Do you have any other suggestions?

chavan Friend

Hi tonyzee

Maybe I am not clear your first purpose. Could you provide me your site url ?
    I need to know how the search box renders without the system message.

Thanks,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  chavan 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum